99 and 103 footprint

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
Was wondering if its gonna be possible to get 99 and 103 signals in Saskatoon with a slimline dish. this is the footprint

Screenshot_20210714-181546_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210715-114432_Chrome.jpg

You can probably get signal, but it might fail under anything but perfect conditions.

Here are some links that will give you all the answers.

This link is the Beam Footprint Library (plain link, not Google Earth)

You will need to have the Google Earth application (it's free) to display the following links:

This is the beam footprint for sat D14@99W

This is the beam footprint for sat D15 @103W

On the maps, the contour lines are noted with the signal level.
You are on the edge of the pattern, but you should have a marginal signal to work with.

That’s like saying that Shaw & Bell aren’t “allowed” in the U.S. and yet there are many especially in ND where I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just don't have the equipment available I guess .

Ya, they seem to be hard to come by these days. You'll have to pay a premium for one.

SolidSignal is out: DIRECTV 1.2m Satellite Dish Reflector for Alaska and Hawaii (DTVAH12DISH)

Here is the LNBF for it though: DIRECTV 99° 101° 103° DTVAHKAKUKIT LBN Kit for DTVAH12DISH 1.2M Antenna System 601430111870 | eBay

Here is one with overpriced shipping: https://www.shop.com/Directv+DTVAH12DISH+Satellite+Dish+Antenna-929400930-p+.xhtml

Here is a complete kit: Directv 1.2M Satellite Dish Kit Alaska Hawai DTVAH12DISH

All these companies care about is getting paid!!!

The contracts Directv has with the networks require them to make at least some attempt to prevent usage outside of the US, because those networks have content that's only licensed for the US.

They just have to a make a good faith effort - they don't have to go crazy trying to crack down on all Canada/Mexico usage but they can't knowingly permit it or they'd open themselves up to major lawsuits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)