99s and 103s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vashwood

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I just moved into a condo that has the unit prewired for Directv. I was going through the signal meters and noticed that I don't get anything for 99s and 103s. What are those for?

So, if my HD channels are working fine then it doesn't affect me?

The replies to the OP are very confusing. 99s and 103s carry only spotbeams delivering HD locals. That means many people get zero or low signals on most of the transponders, because the spotbeams are not pointed at them, that's quite normal. The 99c and 103c screens show all the transponders delivering the national HD channels (CONUS). All the transponders on 99c and 103c should be at least 80s, preferably 90s.
However, it would be very unusual to get zero signals on ALL the 99s/103s transponders. What is your zip code?

The replies to the OP are very confusing. 99s and 103s carry only spotbeams delivering HD locals. That means many people get zero or low signals on most of the transponders, because the spotbeams are not pointed at them, that's quite normal. The 99c and 103c screens show all the transponders delivering the national HD channels (CONUS). All the transponders on 99c and 103c should be at least 80s, preferably 90s.
However, it would be very unusual to get zero signals on ALL the 99s/103s transponders. What is your zip code?

Should i be worry that all my 99c are between 77 - 80% and all my 103c are 85 - 90%.

How do i increase the 99c signal

Should i be worry that all my 99c are between 77 - 80% and all my 103c are 85 - 90%.

How do i increase the 99c signal

This usually means your dish mount is not quite plumb, but if you don't want to mess with it you should not have any reception problem with those signals. DirecTV says that signals over 70 are OK, personally I think that is a little low.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts