Question!! Need to upgrade Hd Receiver...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neworleansguy

Original poster
Apr 24, 2009
usa
Ok.. This is what i need to know..
Im Buying a new HD TV.. but the room where i want to put this Tv has a Standard Receiver running to another OLD tv....
I have a gif card from best buy and i want to buy the HD receiver(not the DVR)...so this is my question.... Can i connect that HD receiver to that same connection that i have running right now to that standard receiver?? if not... what i have to do??

Thanks.

Chances are, that connection going to the mirrored receiver is a coax run.

And unfortunately, there are no coax outputs on the HD receiver. But there is a way. I believe the device is called an RF modulator, it allows you to use the AV output on the desired device. Basically, it was designed so people could connect devices without a coax cable to a TV without AV inputs. They aren't expensive, but do require a power source. This method to continue your mirror should not affect any connections to your HDTV (assuming you have one) as you will still have the HDMI port and your component output as well.

You also need to check to see what dish version you have. The older versions support your present SD receiver but won't support an HD model or at least won't get you HD signal for your new receiver and TV. If you have a current dish that supports HD then swapping out the old SD receiver and old SD TV won't be a problem if we're talking replacement. Running both is going to take some additional work, like running another cable from the dish.

Ok.. This is what i need to know..
Im Buying a new HD TV.. but the room where i want to put this Tv has a Standard Receiver running to another OLD tv....
I have a gif card from best buy and i want to buy the HD receiver(not the DVR)...so this is my question.... Can i connect that HD receiver to that same connection that i have running right now to that standard receiver?? if not... what i have to do??

Thanks.

Another option, depending on the connections on the other TV (check this first). You can run a Component line or a Composite line to the other TV off the rec.
Remember , you will have the same program on the other TV if you do it this way.

Hi guys..
Thank you so much for your answers...

Randy..

Im a new Direct tv Costumer. I already have a HD DVR Receiver running to my Bedroom... i guess the dish is the new version...
This other room where i want to put a standard HD receiver like i said already have a connection to a SD receiver... i really thought that all i had to do is buy the new HD receiver and connected to that same line...and of course call Direct tv for the service.

If you already have an HD DVR (being a new customer) then you should have the correct dish. If your HD DVR is black with the signature "spinny blue light" then you should be good. You wouldn't necessarily have to call DTV to have them bring the receiver if you are confident you can handle it yourself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts