99w mini bud.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Is anyone else having problems with pr vi mux lately? I seen they have put something on 101w only 7 mhz away from pr vi mux can that cause trouble?

Haven't tuned the PR/VI mux lately. Recording some feeds right now. I'll look tomorrow.

The possibility of interference depends on the bandwidth of the 101w transponder. If you know the parameters of the new TP, use a link budget calculator to know the bandwidth or view the carrier on the online spectrum display at SatSignature. If the frequencies overlap, you will experience interference with an undersized reflector.

101 and 99 scans

2590 RFScan TBS 6903 DVBS-S2 Tuner 0.png
2608 RFScan TBS 6903 DVBS-S2 Tuner 0.png

TP seems clean here, but with 10 foot reflector..

Haven't tuned the PR/VI mux lately. Recording some feeds right now. I'll look tomorrow.

The possibility of interference depends on the bandwidth of the 101w transponder. If you know the parameters of the new TP, use a link budget calculator to know the bandwidth or view the carrier on the online spectrum display at SatSignature. If the frequencies overlap, you will experience interference with an undersized reflector.

Brian they have posted the new transponder from 101w on lyngsat take a look at it when you get time. They are also using a symbol rate about 25,000 to 30,000 on ses1. I understand what you said about using an undersize reflector I remember what you had told me about it. Can also someone using a minibud 4 feet and under can someone scan 99w for me to see what channels you can get? Other than the shepards chapel that is the only one i can get on the vertical side only 3 transponders that I can get on horizontal side.

I am certain that you will experience interference from this new transponder. A 1.2M reflector will not be able to attenuate this adjacent satellite interference transmitted in the same frequency range with similar strength.

Like Cham posted, I have no problem or interference with a 10' dish.

I am over near 97w to get that transponder if I go west I get the Lesea channels. One day I will have a 10 footer when I get my own home or 3 buds.

Reactions: norman881
We were getting the PR/VI mux and Lesea, then PR/VI disappeared after a recent, severe, rainstorm. After some adjustments I got PR/VI back and one religious channel but lost Lesea. I'm using the low-tech monstrosity in my avatar, 48x52in. On the MicroHD we get 48-56% quality.

Greenish Apple please post a bigger picture of your "monstrosity"... Intersted to see what you've got there!
-C.

101w fired up a transponder at 3820 h 7 mhz off of the PR VI mux 99w since we are using a small dish we get interference from adjacent satellites Brian can explain more about it. I have trouble with it for the past 2 weeks so it stinks for me and everyone else for for being a minibudder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.