A 5th Receiver Connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thedirtyjobs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Hello all,

I currently have 1 dish with 4 connections. 2 connections to a DVR and 2 connections to stand alone recievers.

So, the 2 wires from my dish go into a device that I'm thinking from my reading is referred to as a multi switch (sorry if I'm wrong) and then from there I have the 4 connections mentioned above.

What if I want to add a 5th connection (2nd DVR or a new HD receiver added in) to my house. Do I buy a different one of those multi switches? If so, where is the best place to buy it?

I appreciate your advice, thanks,
thedirtyjobs

You should get a 4X8 multiswitch.

This will allow up to 4 LNB/or the Phase-III dish to output up to 8 tuners.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

If you currently have a 2X4 multiswitch 2 lines in to 4 lines out the minimum you would need is a 2X or a 3X 8 multi switch. This is much cheaper than a 4X8 probably available on Ebay from $20.

Thanks guys.

One more question. I plan on eventually getting the new 5 LNB dish when it is available in my market. Is there a multi switch I can buy for my current dish that will work with the new one?

thanks,
thedirtyjobs

thedirtyjobs said:
Thanks guys.

One more question. I plan on eventually getting the new 5 LNB dish when it is available in my market. Is there a multi switch I can buy for my current dish that will work with the new one?

thanks,
thedirtyjobs
The 5 satellite dish will replace your existing dish. Seeing it is so new and with limited availability ask that question in about 6 months when things become available. :)

boba said:
The 5 satellite dish will replace your existing dish. Seeing it is so new and with limited availability ask that question in about 6 months when things become available. :)

Sounds good! Thanks!

If you decide to prepare for the new dish, you'll need one of these. (ooops! Not enough posts to post links) Anyway, BestBuy has the Zinwell DIRECTV 6x8 Multiswitch for DIRECTV Satellite TV Receivers
Model: SAM-6802 $99

Please note, you can no longer diplex OTA signals with the new dish and switch.

Cheers

wishfull1 said:
If you decide to prepare for the new dish, you'll need one of these. (ooops! Not enough posts to post links) Anyway, BestBuy has the Zinwell DIRECTV 6x8 Multiswitch for DIRECTV Satellite TV Receivers
Model: SAM-6802 $99

Please note, you can no longer diplex OTA signals with the new dish and switch.

Cheers

Cool!!! Thanks!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts