D11-500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
How can I get my hands on a D11 is there anyway to get Directv to give me one for free. I want it for the mini-guide, i currently have a D10-100 and a D10-300 and Three DirecTivos.

stellar832000 said:
How can I get my hands on a D11 is there anyway to get Directv to give me one for free. I want it for the mini-guide, i currently have a D10-100 and a D10-300 and Three DirecTivos.

I would imaging that Robert at VE has the receiver you are looking for, however I am sure that it will not be free (Sight Sponsor)

Jimbo

I have 4 d11-500's. I had Directv installed 3 weeks ago and this is what they brought. I have yet to find the mini-guide on the d11's. This is a feature on the R15 (new directv dvr), but I don't think it's on the d11's. I've been all through the thing and the manual with no indication of a mini-guide.

I'm saying this because you (stellar83200) were saying you were going to get the d11 for this feature.

I have 2 R15s coming tomorrow. I'll check out the mini guide and see if it will help find the feature on the d11. I hope the d11 does have it. I do like the receiver though. The interactive channels are kind of cool. The mix channels and NFL Sunday ticket mix and stats are real useful. I like using the active page as well which has the weather and maps and such. Cool.

I recommend Robert at VE as well. I just bought my R15s from him. You cannot even go get those anywhere at retail yet. They have excellent customer service.

By the way, The D11 manual is on the Directv website now. Evidently, Directv just posted it because it wasn't there earlier in the week.

-----

CORRECTION:
The only mention of the mini guide in the manual is on the page showing the remote (what each button does). That's the only place I see it. The blue button is supposed to activate the mini guide while watching live tv. However, this doesn't work on any of my D11's. I think the key there is that it says "live" tv. I think that's a term indicating it's talking about the dvr...live vs. watching a recorded show. Anyway, the mini guide is not on the D11 as far as I can see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)