Old HR44-500, can i be repurposed???

ellocld

Original poster
Feb 4, 2022
Bama
Hello, I have an old HR44-500 with the 1000GB Hard Disc Drive. Can this receiver be repurposed as a stand-alone home media server? It does have a network card and can be hardwired. Each time I try and connect it to a

monitor, it keeps awaiting a signal from DIRECT TV. It is such a great piece of hardware; I would hate to just throw it out.

Hello, I have an old HR44-500 with the 1000GB Hard Disc Drive. Can this receiver be repurposed as a stand-alone home media server? It does have a network card and can be hardwired. Each time I try and connect it to a

monitor, it keeps awaiting a signal from DIRECT TV. It is such a great piece of hardware; I would hate to just throw it out.
sell it

• Angry
Reactions: harshness
Keep the hard drive and toss the receiver. I've collected a lot of cheap hard drives buying DirecTV DVR's from GoodWill and SalArmy.

1st. Call them again and Confirm that they don't want the HR44 returned ...
That was a very nice piece of equipment, had one that I liked very well, unfortunately I had to retire it in order to get 4K, another Genius Idea to build a new recvr at that time that didn't do 4k.

Save yourself hassles and just return it, drop it off at any FedEx or UPS store, they will ship it back for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)