A basic rotor question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sleepybear

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Dirt Track
I have a STAB HH100. Should this rotor be greased? I am having some lock up problems and needs a human nudge to get it going sometimes. It sounds like gears are sticky in spots. Rotor is three years old. Has never done this to me before. THANKS

Look at the Motor's User Manual for troubleshooting tips. Look at similar motor DG280 section pics at Sadoun's site. It might be affected by corrosion due to water leaks. If its out of warranty, you can always open its cover, clean gears and connectors, add some grease and see if it helps.

Attachments

• HH100-HH120_english.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 937
Look at the Motor's User Manual for troubleshooting tips. Look at similar motor DG280 section pics at Sadoun's site. It might be affected by corrosion due to water leaks. If its out of warranty, you can always open its cover, clean gears and connectors, add some grease and see if it helps.

Yes, I still have the manual but thank you for the DL. There is nothing in there to answer my question.

Yes, I still have the manual but thank you for the DL. There is nothing in there to answer my question.
It depends on who is looking. First problem on the Manual's page 11 "Problem solving guide" addresses your question. Pics of DG280 gives you a good idea what's inside. Your life experience should suggest that all mechanical moving components, especially non-hermetic and very cheap build, need cleaning and extra lubrication earlier or later in their service life. There is everything here not only to answer, but also to resolve your problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.