A big Canadian retailer explained to me exactly why the 2 nations wanted to keep to sat signals from

They still ripped you off. I got mine from Amazon for $330. But that was without a Joey. You can always get someone in the US get it and ship it. When you order Dish stuff, retailers do not have to link it to an account before shipping/ selling it. If they say they do then they are trying to upgrade you through Dish and get money for the install.

Perhaps in your opinion I was ripped off, and that's fine your entitled to your view and I have nothing against that. For me like I said it's not that easy for me to just go to the US and pick one up. I'm happy with what I got, have my Hopper with my Joey's, have my everything package with Dish and I'm content with that.

Yes its possible of going to the US and picking one up, but you have to remember I'm not a US citizen or resident, don't live in the US, so I'm not sure how Dish or Direct do their installes or how they ask the person buying the receivers.Also I'm not suire if this site sells Dish/Direct systems to Canadians and ships them here to Canada giving them a "US ADRESS" or not or any other site on the web from the US doing the same thing. Its more of fear of loosing my Dish Subscription then anything else.

If you, MCIBUS would accept PM's, I would tell you exactly what the rules/procedures were. I just thought I would let you know for future reference. I was in the same situation with my first broker! I paid $500 for the 5100 PVR that I could have gotten for $300. As far as your buying it in the US, that is NO PROBLEM.

Last edited:
If you, MCIBUS would accept PM's, I would tell you exactly what the rules/procedures were. I just thought I would let you know for future reference. I was in the same situation with my first broker! I paid $500 for the 5100 PVR that I could have gotten for $300. As far as your buying it in the US, that is NO PROBLEM.

?Thought I had it set for5 PMs? Its set now if you want to PM me.

Search it, and it actually seems to be on the rise to the point that E* has sued a few suppliers of FTA equipment. Yes, suing the suppliers instead of fixing the problem. It is my understanding that DTV fixed the problem and Shaw has never been hacked...but maybe just because nobody really cares about Shaw.

I don't want to break any rules and talk about hacking - but is this true? I thought Dish was all MP4 and that the system hadn't been hacked for years. Then again, I guess I don't keep up with this stuff.

Indeed it irks me since I subscribe to a lot of programming services:

Directv
DishNetwork
Time Warner Cable
Just recently canceled BellTV when I was no longer able to pull in 91 but will not be getting Shaw.

Indeed it irks me since I subscribe to a lot of programming services:

Directv
DishNetwork
Time Warner Cable
Just recently canceled BellTV when I was no longer able to pull in 91 but will not be getting Shaw.

Reminds me of my old days subbing to more then one provider at the same time.

Bell Expressvu(Bell TV)
Star Choice(Shaw Direct)
Rogers Cable

Now just
Bell Fibe(IPTV)
Dish Network

?Those where the good old days.

MPEG4 is not the encryption method. Nagra 3 is the encryption and it is still allegedly secure but there are always ways to circumvent the system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts