A Big Thank You to the Mods Here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aa9vi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Just wanted to thank the mods in this forum for promoting an open discussion about DirecTV. Most of the time we love it. Some of the time we see shortcomings and have a frank debate about it. There's another forum where dissent is ridiculed and you are ganged up on by those who work (I think) at DirecTV.

Great job all. I do appreciate the environment much more here.

Just wanted to thank the mods in this forum for promoting an open discussion about DirecTV. Most of the time we love it. Some of the time we see shortcomings and have a frank debate about it. There's another forum where dissent is ridiculed and you are ganged up on by those who work (I think) at DirecTV.

Great job all. I do appreciate the environment much more here.

Agreed. So support the site with the few bucks for a Pub Membership. Otherwise, site goes away and the anarchy of the "other" site rules.

Well I hope that does not go for me . I work for the company and I am nothing like the bozos over there with captian 2 cents and his merry gang of idiots.

Well I hope that does not go for me . I work for the company and I am nothing like the bozos over there with captian 2 cents and his merry gang of idiots.

I wouldn't call them idiots...there are some good and nice people over there it's just important to understand that a number of people are either financially or emotionally invested in DirecTV. Some of them make the site not much fun...and why visit this type of site if it's not fun?

Thats what makes us different then the other site. The DirecTV stuff is all force fed to them, a big part of our falling out with DirecTV this year is because they were trying to dictate what we could and could not talk about here.

Sorry we don't play that game, but the other site does.

If your having an issue and post anything negative about DirecTV there you get jumped on by everyone including the staff, and then they always try to sugar coat things to make it look like DirecTV does no wrong.

We here at SatelliteGuys are CONSUMERS helping CONSUMERS, we do not get no free kickbacks, no free service, no free equipment just to speak well of a company. We enjoy helping others get the most from their satellite service (no matter which service they have) and we like having fun doing it.

For some sites a business, but here at SatelliteGuys we like to have fun and to also give back to our members, hell look at what we are doing for tonights Holiday Party. You won't see other sites or site owners dig in their own pockets and say thank you to their members like we do here every year.

Here if you have an issue with a company post it and hopefully someone will see it who can help. No one is going to gang up on you like they do at other sites. We are here to help, have fun and enjoy this amazing satellite technology.

You might notice that while they try to act like the corporate mouthpieces for DirecTV that really we both have the same things, including the same CE program. Why not participate on a forum that is comfortable, and more enjoyable? They might tell you that DirecTV does not pay attention to our site, and I can tell you that their full of... well its a family site so I can't say it. In fact looking at the stats DirecTV is in the top 10 of visitors here every day.

We are America's Largest and most popular satellite information site, and there is a good reason for it. Again we are consumers helping consumers doing what we do best.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thats what makes us different then the other site. The DirecTV stuff is all force fed to them, a big part of our falling out with DirecTV this year is because they were trying to dictate what we could and could not talk about here.

Sorry we don't play that game, but the other site does.

What is funny is some thing I back Directv side. I often dont. I will state policy, I even tell you how to work around it and use it as a tool. Company does not pay me to be here. Only thing that I have recieved is a pub member coursty of scott so I could have a larger inbox for when people PM me issues. Until direct smells the roses and sees that my mothod is a better and that helping people in a freindly 3rd party enviroment is betterfor customer satification then what goes on over there.

I have alwyas been a pita dont gget me wrong but when I was a dish net sub and I was trying to help customers out with broken hardware it did not follow what charlies people wanted ot see there it got shot down faster then a speeding bullet.

The other site ACTS like they are in the pocket of booth dish and direct. I think they are but that is my opnion and not backed up by fact but I will legally say that they act like they are, even if there not.

Merry Christmas and keep the questions flowing into my inbox I do enjoy them all.

Stone, good post, can't argue with it.

Mods, nice Christmas touch (vbulletin color scheme change today).... :cool:

I check both sites daily and one big thing that I've seen over there is that there are apparent Dish subs that frequent the DTV Bd and seem to try and instigate "He said, She said" posts in the threads. I don't know if DTV subs do the same thing since I don't go onto their Dish Bd. That's only because I'm not a Dish subs. I have no issue with Dish subs, that's anyone's decision on provider preference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts