A comment and a question on the Satguys app

Status
Not open for further replies.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
First my comment: It seems that the newest version for the Satelliteguys App (1.5.2) doesn't do a good job showing the profile page. It pretty much just shows my post count and that's it. The rest of the screen is pretty much blank.

Now my question: Is there a way you can edit your avatar and signature using the app? If there is, I can't seem to be able to find it. It's not a huge deal, but it would be more convenient. I'm using a 2nd gen iPod Touch if that helps. Thanks.

are they continually improving the satguys app or was it just a one-off thing? With tapatalk on other forums I can now thank/like posts, but can't here (yet?).
The 'core' app continues to get updated. The satguys app is just a 'branded' or themed version of the core app.

BTW, the official one was updated yesterday on Android, and I've seen 4-5 Crashes already (auto-reported).

LER said:
BTW, the official one was updated yesterday on Android, and I've seen 4-5 Crashes already (auto-reported).

3 of those were me I think! :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I hoped that the update would fix my issue with "jump to first unread" resulting in an unparsable error for long threads. Currently, I have to use "go to first page" & then navigate to the last page. Sadly, no luck.

I have reported this on forum runner support, with no known action taken there. I do like the app, but this is an annoyance (but not a deal breaker).

I hoped that the update would fix my issue with "jump to first unread" resulting in an unparsable error for long threads. Currently, I have to use "go to first page" & then navigate to the last page. Sadly, no luck.

I have reported this on forum runner support, with no known action taken there. I do like the app, but this is an annoyance (but not a deal breaker).
I was having the same issue but after uninstalling, rebooting and re installing all was fine.

HIFI said:
I was having the same issue but after uninstalling, rebooting and re installing all was fine.

Just tried that. No joy.

It is only a few, longer threads, like the weather, happy, & sad threads in the pub.

HIFI said:
just updated the app on my Droid and really like the"dark" option. :D

Me too.

One thing I did figure out, if you have someone on ignore and that person(s) posted in a thread you want to read it won't open and the app will crash, take that person(s) off of ignore and it will work.

eurosport said:
Just updated manually. Dark color is cool! :D

But now the satguys icons are back to the little bubbles and they look the same with new posts or not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)