A couple of DVR questions?

dmj_rolltide

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
When you go into your daily schedule to look at your history detail, which provides info for an individual timer which is currently recording or has been recorded, skipped, deleted or stopped.

Why is it that this info cannot be deleted? I called DISH and the CSR told me that over time this info would automatically delete itself. I have a VIP 722 HD receiver. I don't know if they are being honest because I still have things on the daily schedule from months ago.

Second question. Can I record a HD movie on my main TV1, while watching another program on this same TV1? Most of the time I will record a non-HD program on TV2, while watching a program on TV1. I just wondered if it was possible to record one program while watching another on the same TV set?

Any help on these two questions would be greatly appreciated. I am relatively new to this whole DVR thing. But so far I really enjoy it a lot.:)

I still have history showing up in my daily schedule from over a month ago. It has not deleted itself. I just don't get it.

To the previous poster, that is good news that I can record a HD program on TV2, then watch it back on TV1 in HD.

But, can I watch and record HD programs on TV1, my HDTV, which has the VIP722 connected to it, at the same time?

I still have history showing up in my daily schedule from over a month ago. It has not deleted itself. I just don't get it.

To the previous poster, that is good news that I can record a HD program on TV2, then watch it back on TV1 in HD.

But, can I watch and record HD programs on TV1, my HDTV, which has the VIP722 connected to it, at the same time?

Yes. And stop looking back.;)

You can record two HD programs (three if you have an OTA antenna) at the same time and watch a previously record HD program. You cannot record on the two sat turners and watch another sat channel live at the same time. It takes a little bit to understand until you start using it.

AFAIK the timers history has a limited number of events that it goes back. Therefore, if you don't have a lot of events, it will go further back in time. Conversely, if you record a lot of stuff, the history will not go back as many days. I could be wrong though.

AFAIK the timers history has a limited number of events that it goes back. Therefore, if you don't have a lot of events, it will go further back in time. Conversely, if you record a lot of stuff, the history will not go back as many days. I could be wrong though.
On our 625, we have 24 timers (all repeating, some for new episodes and some for Mon-Fri) and our history only goes back a week (Monday, August 18 is the first day), so I do believe it is based on number of events (I had to scroll quite a few times to get to the first page).

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)