A couple of problems on new 612

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
I just got a new 612 for the master bedroom and it already has a couple of problems. When the installer came last week, the first 612 he hooked up was DOA, which kind of worried me. Fortunately he had another one with him so he hooked that one up and it seemed to work OK. After a little while I noticed the first problem - the fan is a bit on the loud side. Yes, the fan goes in to full speed mode when it is first booting up, then goes in to quiet mode. Even quiet mode on this thing is just too loud for a bedroom. The second problem, and the most annoying, is that every 5-10 minutes the screen will freeze for about half a second. It doesn't matter if it is a live or recorded program - skipping back over the glitch and replaying it does not reproduce the glitch, so it must be some sort of an internal refresh problem. I called Dish this morning and they are going to send out another tech with 3 new 612s just to be sure we get a good one.

Has anyone else had trouble right out of the box with these units?

I Installed 2 today and both of them are working fine, the only thing I had observe when you go to next channel it took a second for the voice to come and the pic is already their.

Dont know if this problem is seen before.

I must say that the new 612 that I have is quiet. Much quieter than the 622 I had before. It also feels much cooler than the 622. I don't feel the need to plug in a fan behind the receiver to help the little fan inside work. I do notice the sound not being there when tuning to a channel or skipping commercials for a second. This doesn't bother me, especially since I don't get weird one words from the hundred commercials per break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)