A CRY FOR HELP FROM A PS3 OWNER

dantheman77

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
st. louis mo
So I'am playing Drake2 for the 4th time. Chapter 4 "Dig Site" I kill the first 4 guys and it goes to a cut secen where Drake finds all the info on Marco Polo and scully tells him the bad guys are comming. The game goes to Drake bending down saying " Great, grenades, this will come in handy" or something like that. Then the game goes on to tell u how to throw them. well here is the problem I'am having. when drake says his line about the grenades , where he is looking at are NO GRENADES, there are two boxes and when the game tells you how to throw them, (hold L1, tap R2) and NOTHING happens. the screen remains the same and i cant do anything. I thought i had this problem the second time I played and got around it but cant remember how. Anyway, i think i have a bad disc so i go to Block buster and rent the game to see what happens and....YES THE SAME THING. so what are the odds that 2 games would go bad at the same place. no other games are haveing problems but I will say i was watching a movie (funny people) and in chapter 8 it froze, could not get it working so i took it back to BB and they replaced it and...YES SAME place it fr4oze, however after a few seconds it went on and played out. So has anyone herd of a hardware problem like this???

thanks for your time

So I'am playing Drake2 for the 4th time. Chapter 4 "Dig Site" I kill the first 4 guys and it goes to a cut secen where Drake finds all the info on Marco Polo and scully tells him the bad guys are comming. The game goes to Drake bending down saying " Great, grenades, this will come in handy" or something like that. Then the game goes on to tell u how to throw them. well here is the problem I'am having. when drake says his line about the grenades , where he is looking at are NO GRENADES, there are two boxes and when the game tells you how to throw them, (hold L1, tap R2) and NOTHING happens. the screen remains the same and i cant do anything. I thought i had this problem the second time I played and got around it but cant remember how. Anyway, i think i have a bad disc so i go to Block buster and rent the game to see what happens and....YES THE SAME THING. so what are the odds that 2 games would go bad at the same place. no other games are haveing problems but I will say i was watching a movie (funny people) and in chapter 8 it froze, could not get it working so i took it back to BB and they replaced it and...YES SAME place it fr4oze, however after a few seconds it went on and played out. So has anyone herd of a hardware problem like this???

thanks for your time
Laser issue? I'd call Sony about it, but I have a feeling their answer will be, "Pay us and we'll try and fix it" unless you're still under warranty..

thanks for your response. strange it would be bad on only Drake ( that i can tell) way out of warranty.

Last edited:
See if you can take your disk to a best buy or other place where there is a PS3 display (along with your game save to get you quickly to chapter 4) and see what happens...that is if you don't have a neighbor or friend with a PS3 that would let you do the same thing.

One other thing you might try is deleting the game data file (not the save) and the game profile (located under game saves, so back up before deleting). Here's a link to a point in the AVS thread on U2 where it is recommended a user delete his game data and then game profile to fix a loading hang problem. I don't think it ended up working in this case, but it's always worth a try (one of the users contributing advice was a Naughty Dog sound engineer who worked on U2):
Uncharted: Among Thieves - Page 47 - AVS Forum

By the way its L1 and L2 not R2. Someone else, or was it you, posted the same thing as a glitch on the official uncharted (playstation) forum. Its not a glitch.

By the way its L1 and L2 not R2. Someone else, or was it you, posted the same thing as a glitch on the official uncharted (playstation) forum. Its not a glitch.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!! i cant read, that was it. dont know how i got it in my head it was r2 thank you and thanks to evryone for your help!! (BTW was not me posting on the other site)

LMAO! That happened to me too but it was the second time playing that level. Couldn't figure out what was wrong - thought I'd scratched the disk or something but cleaning & reloading didn't help. As I remember, you have to actually "react" and throw a grenade and no other action will move the game on. I must have just done it right the first time without thinking about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts