PS5 Air Vent Circulation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CSM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Chesterfield, MO
I read that the unofficial dimensions have the PS5‘s width at around 15.75” the TV stand I have has enclosed pockets and shelves are 18” would that be enough clearance for the PS5’s airflow for it not to overheat? It would be about 1” on either side of the PS5. Thanks.

Last edited:
I read that the unofficial dimensions have the PS5‘s width at around 15.75” the TV stand I have has enclosed pockets and shelves are 18” would that be enough clearance for the PS5’s airflow for it not to overheat? It would be about 1” on either side of the PS5. Thanks.
Just managed to snag a PS5 from PS direct and wondering about ventilation. I have an Ikea cabinet with glass doors and a particleboard back. I have ample space to lay the PS5 on it's side and currently in the back I have a 1" x 8" slot cut for wires and ventilation...should that be enough?
EDIT: I'm just gonna keep it on my desk and run an HDMI cable from there to my TV.

EDIT: I'm just gonna keep it on my desk and run an HDMI cable from there to my TV.
That is what I did with mine. No way am I stuffing that thing in a little cubby hole and hoping it is okay. ;)

My PS5 Console is 15.5" x 10.5" x 5". The vents are in the back (the side opposite the DVD slot).

I keep it in an open cabinet below the TV for plenty of ventilation.

I don't hear the fan when its running -- about 8 feet away from where I sit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)