Vita - Multiple PSN account's question

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Am looking at getting the Playstation Vita TV for the kids for Christmas, to allow remote play of the PS4 they're also getting.

I have a huge backlog of PSP/Vita (as well as PS1) games from my PS-Plus account, that I'm sure they'd love, and will give them plenty of games right off the bat.

With the PS3 (and I'm sure the PS4 as well), I have mine and each of their accounts on the system. And PS-Plus, or purchased digital games are in my name, but they're account can play them on that system.

So, on a Playstation Vita TV (or just a Vita), a few questions:

1) Does the Vita itself support multiple accounts?
2) Are the account themselves linked to the the memory cards instead?

If the accounts are tied to the memory cards, then I'll just throw all my PS-Plus games into a single 64GB card, and then get them each their own 8GB card for purchase physical card games.

Secondary question, for games bought from the store that are on a physical card, are save games stored on the game card or are they saved on the seperate memory card?

Just wanted to make sure before I get the system, and what accessories I'd need. If they're really good, Vita's might be in their future as well.

Saves are on memory cards, not the cart. Partly why people get so salty about the pricing because it is a required accessory. I've never changed the account on my vita, thought I remembered having to factory reset to do so.

Edit: looks like that's still correct. Each account probably needs their own large memory card, and not sure how exactly ou can get your purchases shared with them.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/How_to_Switch_PSN_Accounts_on_PlayStation_Vita

Can Two People Use One Vita?
Yes, multiple people can use multiple PlayStation Network accounts on one PlayStation Vita! However, you will need multiple memory cards and a little bit of time and effort.
For starters, the PSN account is tied to the Vita memory card. This means you can't just swap in different memory cards on one Vita. You are going to need to reset the Vita before swapping cards.

Resetting the Vita is a bit of a pain if you have a lot of content and like to customize your placement of the various bubble icons. New games are always pushed to the bottom screen, while applications you may never use always seem to end up on the first screen after a reset--at least in my experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)