A Dish rep on chat said they are getting Disney Junior? This can't be true.

Being the cartoon buff that I am I would love to see this on the lineup. But I have my doubts. Thoughts?

dont think too hard...you'll hurt yourself

Hell you could ask the Dish chat if they're getting ESPN4 anytime soon (or any channel not carried) and you'll either get "yes that is coming soon" or "I'll put a request in for you" ;)

99% of CSRs for big companies these days don't have a clue about what's going on with the company. They barely even know how to perform most tasks without a script. The other 1% of CSRs such as DIRT actually know what they are talking about.

Most of the time the knowledgeable CSRs are found on various online forums rather than company websites or on the phone.

tl;dr OP, don't hold your breath.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

99% of CSRs for big companies these days don't have a clue about what's going on with the company. They barely even know how to perform most tasks without a script. The other 1% of CSRs such as DIRT actually know what they are talking about.

Most of the time the knowledgeable CSRs are found on various online forums rather than company websites or on the phone.

tl;dr OP, don't hold your breath.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner
what do want for minimum wage?

The people at Dish who know aren't talking and anyone(csrs) who is talking doesn't really know. Dish does not make advance notices (unless someone tells Scott), which then becomes an unofficial rumor.

Generally speaking, a CSR's job is to tell you what you want to hear. That CSR is VERY good at his/her job! Will Dish get that channel? Probably someday, therefore it's not an untrue statement.

And that's the sort of attitude that enables crap like this.

If they're incompetent, they shouldn't be making ANY wage!

When was the last time you conversed with a CSR that really knew what was going on? Everyone I have talked to in at least 10 years have been totally clueless about what was going on and most could barely read the script they are supposed to read with the canned stupid responses!

Once Dish tells the CSRs something it becomes official knowledge and everyone would know about it. Contract negotiations are very secret, and only a few people would even have a clue they are going on. These people may occasionally hint to someone in the media (like Scott) when a tentative deal is pretty close, but they are not going to send out a company memo to the CSRs.

It does not help your negotiating position for a channel if you tell all your customers that you will be carrying the channel before you have agreed on the price with the provider.

i talked to a CSR about Disney Junior and said we are getting it also.i hope we get the other DisneyHD Channels also.

i talked to a CSR about Disney Junior and said we are getting it also.i hope we get the other DisneyHD Channels also.

That is strange as I know that Disney is not in any talks with dish. When the contracts come up for renew next year we may get Disney hd along with other disney offerings.