A&E HD - Low Signal - TP27 on 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Okay I moved the dishes today, put the 24" on a pole. am now receiving 75-80 on 129/27.

Right after finishing spent quite a while with the audit bunch on the phone. My 301 is at our Horse Creek property, no phone. So they disconnected it. Don't really care too much about that.

BUT

They also said that any future upgrades, receivers, etc will have to be done by Dish, meaning their contractors, at a cost of $!49. I will not let their contractors on my property again. So I suppose we will be parting company soon.

While I do understand that they could think I am providing someone else with service I find their tactics are a little heavy handed.

For the record, they had to replace my dish with a 1000.2 and move it to the other side of the Garage, said there was a tree limb blowing in front of the line of sight.
The old Dish1000 had a bad LNB also.

I had a second dish installed this morning pointing directly to 129.

So far SS on 129/27 is 87-89 (up from 43-65 when the problem started and up from 63-65 this morning before installation)

He said thats pretty much the best signal he's ever been able to get on 129.
a 20 point bump is more than good enough for me :)

OK, now tonight during Gene Simmons Family Jewels, the screen just froze, and is still frozen, while the audio is up to speed.
Channle 118 SD is fine, but 9419 HD is FUBAR.

OK, now tonight during Gene Simmons Family Jewels, the screen just froze, and is still frozen, while the audio is up to speed.
Channle 118 SD is fine, but 9419 HD is FUBAR.

My recording was all messed up too, so it wasn't just you. Have no fear though, they tend to replay each episode about 1,000 times a week. :)

I had a second dish installed this morning pointing directly to 129.

So far SS on 129/27 is 87-89 (up from 43-65 when the problem started and up from 63-65 this morning before installation)

He said thats pretty much the best signal he's ever been able to get on 129.
a 20 point bump is more than good enough for me :)

What dish did you get?

I cant believe how many problems DISH is having with that 129, and that they are moving forward with more HD channels that will rely on that broken down piece of crap. To me its to the point where a class action lawsuit is in order.

They have people paying top $$$ for all their HD, and their gaining more and more subs with the promise of more HD. All the while that 129 bird is completely dysfunctional and getting worse every day, and they know it.

What a pitiful excuse for an HD provider.

Back when I had their pathetic HD service I had somewhere around 6 service calls on that 129 bird and its low signals that were causing constant lock ups. They never fixed the problem, refused to install a second dish to point at 129, and basically told me to f off and die when I finally got p'd off and cancelled their service.

Then they had the nerve to send me a bill for $142 for early termination of contract.

Moral of story: Avoid this piece of crap company like the plague if you are an HD subscriber. The problems are only going to get worse.

Is that all it costs to terminate your contract?
I figured much more, that is why I have had no leverage here.
If they don't add the Big Ten Network, I'd have NO PROBLEM paying that amount to go back to cable.
Then I'll have my locals in HD, BTN, The Weather channel locals on the 8's and 10 usable HD national HD channels.

Is that all it costs to terminate your contract?
I figured much more, that is why I have had no leverage here.
If they don't add the Big Ten Network, I'd have NO PROBLEM paying that amount to go back to cable.
Then I'll have my locals in HD, BTN, The Weather channel locals on the 8's and 10 usable HD national HD channels.

It is pro rated based on how long you had the service before cancelling. I believe the full amount is $250, but I could be mistaken there.

My fee was actually $162, I had paid $20 of it and had planned on paying $20 a month until it was payed off. Before I could do that they sent me to collections though and sent me a bill for $142.

After that I decided I wasnt paying at all, and am now in the process of trying to dispute the bill.

Is there a list somewhere showing ALL the channels that are on 129?
I am suddenly having a red "X" when analyzing the signal on 129, and I want to check all the channels that use it to see if there is REALLY a signal problem..

Thanks!;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)