A&E HD To Launch Wednesday

Do we have to call Dish to get the CD Music that is suppose to start Feb 1
Good Question. I used ot subscribe to HD Bronze -- which I thought became the AT 100 package + HD today. The Dish web site says the CD Music channels are included in the AT 100 package, but even after a "check switch" my Guide shows them to be extra cost - DUH.

BTW Dish is so proud of A&E HD they don't even list it as part of the "DishHD Programming" yet.

Talon Dancer

BTW Dish is so proud of A&E HD they don't even list it as part of the "DishHD Programming" yet.

Talon Dancer

No, but it is listed in their programming guide. I just wish it would tell you what shows are actually in HD. I watched CSI:Miami last night at 6 and it was.

not much of a&e is in hd. All I have seen in hd is csi.

I don't mind that really right now though. I really never watched A&E before, but I do like CSI:Miami. I don't really watch new ones because I'm normally in bed by about the time it comes on. So on those days when I'm flipping around and can't find anything on tv, I'll just flip over to A&E and watch CSI:Miami.

Nineteen pages of the same negative comments over and over and over!

Hey, not me. I just said that I'm glad to have it. I don't mind if CSI:Miami is all they show in HD because that's pretty much all that I'll watch on there. I do love 24 but's it's not really a show where I could say "Hey, look 24 is on. Let's watch that." You kind of have to commit yourself to the whole season. DON'T BOTHER ME ON MONDAY NIGHTS!

I watched part of a CSI last night and Horatio was actually doing investigative work. Of course, it was as stupid as someone throwing a bullet slug into the trash and he looked in there and saw it...

Does A&E show the other CSI shows ?? To be honest, I quit watching Miami 'cause of Horatio.

I watched part of a CSI last night and Horatio was actually doing investigative work. Of course, it was as stupid as someone throwing a bullet slug into the trash and he looked in there and saw it...

Does A&E show the other CSI shows ?? To be honest, I quit watching Miami 'cause of Horatio.

All that I have seen on there is Miami. That's actually my favorite of all of them though. Maybe it's because I'm from Florida and my sister lives in Miami so I've been around that area a lot.

I think they should have waited till they had all hd content before launching an hd station... plain and simple.

That's silly. Then also take away ESPNHD, HBOHD, SHOHD, FOODHD, NATGEOHD, HD Locals, and so on. They don't have all 100% HD content either.

Well most of the things on FoodHD is in HD. Due to Food Network already has many kitchens on the studio sets setup for HD.

Does any channel have 100% HD programming (meaning only showing "HD-born" programming and not upgraded SD (like KungFuHD)) The only thing I can think of is perhaps HDNEWS, but i don't know.

Discovery HD Theatre only shows real HD (no up-converts). I think many of the VOOM channels are also real HD. I mean channels like Equator, RAVE, etc.

Also, on HDMovies, they seem to run a lot of older film-based movies and converting many types of film to HD is not a downgrade.

I agree that A&E should have launched with *more* hd content. However, the 4:3 SD content plays sooo much better on the HD Feed than the SD feed. I would rather have 1 channel of HD quality SD than 10 channels of just plain SD...

I agree that A&E should have launched with *more* hd content. However, the 4:3 SD content plays sooo much better on the HD Feed than the SD feed. I would rather have 1 channel of HD quality SD than 10 channels of just plain SD...

There's no such thing as HD quality SD. The thing is, the DBS companies have been overcompressing SD for so long that you're finally seeing SD quality SD.