A&E HD To Launch Wednesday

I have seen the A&E schedule on their website but I can't find anything about the HD channel. Has anybody seen a schedule that actually shows what is in HD?

i can tell you that csi:miami is in hd......about the only thing i've noticed.....for anyone who cares. i've had it on my cable system since november!

I have seen the A&E schedule on their website but I can't find anything about the HD channel. Has anybody seen a schedule that actually shows what is in HD?

Right. The schedule isa simulcast of the SD channel. Unles ssomething tells you what showsa re in HD it means little.

Is dog the bounty hunter in HD?
When I went to CES, Dog the Bounty Hunter was in front of me in the line to check in at the Luxor. He had a major black eye.

I didn't bug him or his wife at all. I will say the guy smokes a lot, he had a few cigorettes while waiting in the line to check in.

Was 24 in HD on April 15, 2003? That is the original air date for what is showing now.

I can't say for sure, because I've never seen an episode in HD (stupid local FOX) but I would guess yes since the first season DVD is widescreen. All of the seasons are.

sd widescreen? couldnt have been broadcast like that...and if they are re-airing the broadcast episodes that were not in hd, it would make sense that it is still 4:3...

When I went to CES, Dog the Bounty Hunter was in front of me in the line to check in at the Luxor. He had a major black eye.

I didn't bug him or his wife at all. I will say the guy smokes a lot, he had a few cigorettes while waiting in the line to check in.

His wife is always trying to get him to quit smoking on the show. I guess she hasn't been successful yet.

sd widescreen? couldnt have been broadcast like that...and if they are re-airing the broadcast episodes that were not in hd, it would make sense that it is still 4:3...

Per the ATSC tables below, there is a 704x480 widescreen format. FOX used it for a while. If it were captured that way, they could later mat it out and send it 4:3 or as captured, 16:9. Yes, EDTV.

ATSC Table 3 Formats for DTV Transmission

Vert----------horz---------aspect----------fps/scan
1080---------1920----------16:9--------24p, 30p, 30i
720-----------1280----------16:9--------24p, 30p, 60p
480------------704----------16:9--------24p, 30p, 30i, 60p
480------------704-----------4:3---------24p, 30p, 30i, 60p
480------------640-----------4:3---------24p, 30p, 30i, 60p

Fox had an absolutely horrible policy of ED widescreen for the first couple of years after they transitioned. Speculation was that they were attempting a multi-cast technology, but the eventually did as the other networks did and went with a true HDTV resolution.

I didn't get an hdtv until a year and a half ago, and at that time, our local fox affiliate didnt have a digital signal, so I had to pull one from 50 miles away. By the time I finally got an antenna installed, it was being broadcast in 720p and that was all I ever knew.

Now, the local fox is digital, but still 480i. They are out of money I am thinking.

I didn't get an hdtv until a year and a half ago, and at that time, our local fox affiliate didnt have a digital signal, so I had to pull one from 50 miles away. By the time I finally got an antenna installed, it was being broadcast in 720p and that was all I ever knew.

Now, the local fox is digital, but still 480i. They are out of money I am thinking.

That's how my local FOX is. I emailed the station manager a few weeks ago and he said they're working on it and should have it working by early Feb. I sure hope so. I've had my hdtv for over 2 years and have had to watch football and some excellent shows (like 24) in sd.

Edit: my local FOX is in Gainesville, home of the Florida Gators. FOX carried the game but nobody in Gainesville could watch it in HD because the local FOX does not broadcast HD.