A+E Networks and AT&T Possible Blackout

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bring back the Arts and Entertainment!

Pass.

A&E is the only network producing lots of new content.

Viceland has a few good documentary series in a sea of sh*t. Lifetime's movies are terrible. The other A+E Networks are rerun central. Ever since they killed off H2, History Channel is dead to me.

I quite like A&E's current format! It's basically The Police Channel now.

If you want Arts and Entertainment that's what PBS and BBC are for.

The last decent show they had was Longmire (A&E's most watched original drama of all time) and they canceled that because they didn't like the demographics. It's audience was intelligent adults and they wanted mindless teens so it went bye-bye. I suspect most of the people who watch their offerings aren't old enough to pay the bills so I'm not sure how much of an impact losing them will have.

Pass.

A&E is the only network producing lots of new content.

Viceland has a few good documentary series in a sea of sh*t. Lifetime's movies are terrible. The other A+E Networks are rerun central. Ever since they killed off H2, History Channel is dead to me.

I quite like A&E's current format! It's basically The Police Channel now.

If you want Arts and Entertainment that's what PBS and BBC are for.
Then they should change the name if the channel. Just like VH1 should change their name. As well as TLC.

Reactions: edisonprime
The last decent show they had was Longmire (A&E's most watched original drama of all time) and they canceled that because they didn't like the demographics. It's audience was intelligent adults and they wanted mindless teens so it went bye-bye. I suspect most of the people who watch their offerings aren't old enough to pay the bills so I'm not sure how much of an impact losing them will have.
They want people who are affected by advertising..by the time you are 40 most people know what they like and want so tv ads don't sway them as much

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: ncted
You're comparing Hitler to the Pawn Stars show? Not good dude.

I think the point is that History is showing alternatives to actual history. Pyramids -> Aliens, Mayan History -> Armageddon, WWII -> Pawn Stars.

I think the point is that History is showing alternatives to actual history. Pyramids -> Aliens, Mayan History -> Armageddon, WWII -> Pawn Stars.

I fully get what the point was supposed to be. It didn't depict WWII, it depicted Hitler specifically to Pawn Stars.

I fully get what the point was supposed to be. It didn't depict WWII, it depicted Hitler specifically to Pawn Stars.
Alright, notable/infamous historical figure -> people that run pawn shops.

I don't really think History has completely changed their format like MTV, VH1, AMC, TLC, A&E and countless other channels have. A lot of their shows involve history and learning about the past it's just presented in a different way. I cannot even begin to imagine how many times I've seen something on Pawn Stars or American Pickers and then Google'd the item or time period to find out more about it. Sure these shows don't follow the traditional narrator talking about a historical event, then some smarty arty professor or PHD gives an explanation about it using two dollar words, but I've learned a lot, instead of being bored to death.

Do I believe these shows are real? Not 100%. A relative of a guy I used to work with was on Pawn Stars, he tried to sell some stuffed parrot thing (I vaguely remember the episode) and a guy I currently work with tried to be on the show by selling some semi-famous guitar he had in his collection but he never made the cut. No shocker here, the rumors online are true, the show is not shot in the actual pawn shop, but rather an exact look alike near by. American Pikers have been in the area numerous time, early on in the series they picked a barn around the corner from where I work. And the Jell-O Wagon they found down south from a couple of years ago originated from my area and has since come back home to be put on display. While I am not a true car guy, I appreciate and am fascinated with car culture. There is nothing more American then the automobile and I have learned a lot about the early auto industry thanks the reality shows on History.

Prior to History moving towards reality programming, there were complains about it being so WWII focused. I remember people calling it The Hitler Channel. I've had Military History on Charter Cable for a few years now, and it is very much like what History used to be. Too bad it doesn't have wider distribution.

As a huge fan of the paranormal and conspiracies, there's also no complaints about me about Ancient Aliens or some of the other shows they air that may roll some eyes.

what is funny is Saturday during, LivePD they talked a lot about how AT&T might drop A&E even had slates during commercial breaks, but both yesterday and tonight not a word

Were those actually live? I don't think any of them during this marathon have been other than when normally live. They could have inserted something though if they wanted to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)