Cox Media Group Blackout RESOLVED

Make sure to get your $10 monthly credit if impacted. Directv.com/tvpromise was saying my FOX station was impacted even though they have pulled it. I was able to get the credit applied from att.com/tvpromise.

Do you mind sharing your zip code (or Nielsen TV market)? I'd like to determine who owns your local Fox affiliate.
It's CMG, the statement on the site says that FOX is owned by some other owner. The CBS station is the one that is not owned by CMG but has a JSA with CMG. Some reason the tvpromise.com website is saying the wrong thing. CBS is still available but FOX is not.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
He's from the Jacksonville, FL DMA
Thanks.

WFOX is a Cox property so it should be considered as "impacted".

DIRECTV's TV Promise shows that the station is owned by Hoffman Communications but it is not. WJAX, WFOX's sister station, is owned by Hoffman Communications.

Both WFOX and WJAX are operated by Cox.

The blackout of WFOX is appropriate.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
It is my hope that providers will eventually be able to negotiate access to the national networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) directly with the companies. This market-by-market crap is getting old.

The value of these channels rests solely in the content provided by the major network. The locally produced news is almost always easily accessible online for free.

It's CMG, the statement on the site says that FOX is owned by some other owner. The CBS station is the one that is not owned by CMG but has a JSA with CMG. Some reason the tvpromise.com website is saying the wrong thing. CBS is still available but FOX is not.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Up here its just the opposite ... the CBS station runs the Fox station

This market-by-market crap is getting old.
What's getting old is the large station groups figuring out ways to end-run the ownership limits and taking over most of the stations (by ownership or by management). The U.S. TV model is built on the TV markets and to change that would require lots of federal legislation.

It seems more likely that streaming would migrate to the broadcast model.

Cox's independent stations WAXN/64 Charlotte and WRDQ/27 Orlando are now testing on the stream server.

Attachments

• WAXN.jpg
    WAXN.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 7
  • WRDQ.jpg
    WRDQ.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 7