Cox Media Group Blackout RESOLVED

I hope your Cox station isn''t a CBS station because the Super Bowl in on that network this year.
I'm not in a Cox area ... My local CBS is a Tegna owned group, so its not going anywhere as they JUST came back on a few weeks ago ... then again, I didn't miss any of it with my OTA antenna.

I hope your Cox station isn''t a CBS station because the Super Bowl in on that network this year.
Paramount+ handles that issue if there are any CBS Affiliates that Cox owns, same for NBC/Peacock.

Or a antenna.

Reactions: Jimbo
Mine is but DTV has the 4k broadcast, so hopefully that won't be blacked out since it isn't a local broadcast.

I wonder what Cox will do with the contract. CBS local stations get top dollar for ads during the superbowl, now those will be worth less if they aren't on DTV. Tenga caved when the NFL playoffs started. I'm hoping Cox does the same but if not, there are other options.

I just need to figure out what FOX uses from streaming as I have the others covered.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Cox only has 3 CBS affiliates, none of which are in cities that are in contention for the Super Bowl. If someone doesn't already have a package with Showtime to authenticate on the Paramount+ app, the $10 dispute credit will cover the cost of a basic Paramount+ subscription needed to stream the Super Bowl. There will also be a kids simulcast on Nickelodeon, but odds are it won't have all the Super Bowl commercials.

I just need to figure out what FOX uses from streaming as I have the others covered.
FOX doesn't have a live sports streaming platform that bypasses their local affiliates like ABC (ESPN3/ESPN+), CBS (Paramount+) and NBC (Peacock) does. The most you can get is FOX's next day entertainment programming via Hulu.

Cox only has 3 CBS affiliates, none of which are in cities that are in contention for the Super Bowl. If someone doesn't already have a package with Showtime to authenticate on the Paramount+ app, the $10 dispute credit will cover the cost of a basic Paramount+ subscription needed to stream the Super Bowl. There will also be a kids simulcast on Nickelodeon, but odds are it won't have all the Super Bowl commercials.

FOX doesn't have a live sports streaming platform that bypasses their local affiliates like ABC (ESPN3/ESPN+), CBS (Paramount+) and NBC (Peacock) does. The most you can get is FOX's next day entertainment programming via Hulu.
Thanks, forget fox shows were on hulu.

Those 3 stations could put a lot of pressure on COX as they will lose revenue paid directly to them. CBS also wants all the eyes possible on it, and while it's only 3 markets, they could put some pressure on them.

I just hope the 4k feed isn't blacked out so I can pause.

Thanks, forget fox shows were on hulu.

Those 3 stations could put a lot of pressure on COX as they will lose revenue paid directly to them. CBS also wants all the eyes possible on it, and while it's only 3 markets, they could put some pressure on them.

I just hope the 4k feed isn't blacked out so I can pause.

Hopefully the 4K feed won't be the Sky cam like it was for the College Championship game.

They have a Breaking News up, but hasn't happened yet apparently ...

Was there a Midnight time frame or just when ?

They have a scroll, telling people to call D* and complain, telling them that D* should Not remove them.

Remember, D* will Not Remove the Station, the Station will do the removing.

When they tell people to call D* and complain, has that Ever worked ?

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
My stations don't have anything even on the website. I checked the directv site today and it had the old statement about the playoff games last week still being on TV. I've found no updates and the articles are from days ago.

The contract supposedly said 12AM on 2/2. That means they should have been off the air unless someone didn't understand it was 2/3 12AM. I'm guessing they go away tonight since there has been no updates anywhere that an agreement was reached.

They were just taken down
I have 2 stations, 1 is off, the other is on.

Not sure what is going on with the CBS but there also wasn't a sub-channel in the guide like there was for FOX last weekend.

Only Fox is owned by CMG, CBS is owned by a company called Hoffman communications and CMG only just operates that one
I just looked it up. They have a JSA with CMG but CMG even lists them as a station on their website. Looks like they don't share contracts even though all the articles listed them as being affected.

It's also probably why the website and channel never had any banner on it. The CBS station was the parent and the FOX station just rebroadcast the CBS news once they merged.

I can live without FOX for a while and Hulu will fill in any gaps once shows start.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016