A few problems with my H3

eichenberg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
I tried searching for these problems but couldn't find any others reporting it...

1. If recording multiple episodes of a show to a folder, I can't play a recorded episode until the recording is all done OR if I don't record to a folder. For example, I am recording all the Castle episodes on TNT, I have it set to record to my folder. There are 80+ episodes currently recorded. On Tuesday and Wednesday 5/6 episodes are recorded back to back for several hours. I can go to my folder and select Castle to start watching one of the 80+ episodes, but it just sits there with the green progress bars at the bottom like it is thinking, but never actually opens up for me to select an episode to watch. If I wait until 10:00 at night when it is done recording the episodes for the day, it works fine and I can select an episode to watch. I have had to change it to not record to my folder, then manually move the episodes to my folder. I don't want to have to do that to all my recordings as that defeats the purpose of being able to record to a folder.

2. Dolby Digital is always on even if I have it turned off in the sound settings. When I tune to a non HD channel my AV receiver shows PCM, when I tune to a HD channel the AV receiver shows DD. I have DD turned off. This happened to me when I had the unofficial Carbon UI on my HWS and was hoping the H3 wouldn't do it as it was official.

3. Rented The Good Dinosaur tonight in 1080p and every time we go to watch it the H3 reboots. This has caused Mythbusters recordings to get messed up and I now have 4 recordings because it keeps restarting. Also, I can't eve watch Mythbusters until it is done recording due to problem #1 above as there are 4 episodes in my folder.

If these have been reported on here and I just missed them, I apologize in advance for wasting time and space on this forum.

There's your problem: You're watching Mythbusters! ;)

I'd contact DIRT and ask if there's a fix coming.

Lol...I contacted dish support as I didn't see anyone from DIRT on and all they told me to do was unplug from the surge protector and plug directly into wall. I didn't get a chance to do that until this morning and am now able to watch The Good Dinosaur. Could be wrong, but highly doubt swapping plug place fixed that and I still have the other two problems. I will reach out to DIRT for sure.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: navychop
I tried searching for these problems but couldn't find any others reporting it...

1. If recording multiple episodes of a show to a folder, I can't play a recorded episode until the recording is all done OR if I don't record to a folder. For example, I am recording all the Castle episodes on TNT, I have it set to record to my folder. There are 80+ episodes currently recorded. On Tuesday and Wednesday 5/6 episodes are recorded back to back for several hours. I can go to my folder and select Castle to start watching one of the 80+ episodes, but it just sits there with the green progress bars at the bottom like it is thinking, but never actually opens up for me to select an episode to watch. If I wait until 10:00 at night when it is done recording the episodes for the day, it works fine and I can select an episode to watch. I have had to change it to not record to my folder, then manually move the episodes to my folder. I don't want to have to do that to all my recordings as that defeats the purpose of being able to record to a folder.

2. Dolby Digital is always on even if I have it turned off in the sound settings. When I tune to a non HD channel my AV receiver shows PCM, when I tune to a HD channel the AV receiver shows DD. I have DD turned off. This happened to me when I had the unofficial Carbon UI on my HWS and was hoping the H3 wouldn't do it as it was official.

3. Rented The Good Dinosaur tonight in 1080p and every time we go to watch it the H3 reboots. This has caused Mythbusters recordings to get messed up and I now have 4 recordings because it keeps restarting. Also, I can't eve watch Mythbusters until it is done recording due to problem #1 above as there are 4 episodes in my folder.

If these have been reported on here and I just missed them, I apologize in advance for wasting time and space on this forum.

I am unable to start recording and watching a program and then have the ability to Resume if I change channels. The H3 will only give me the ability to Start From The Beginning.
My previous Hopper had that capability. I really miss that capability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts