A few questions about Shaw

Ok the following channels should be watchable if you have signal, since they are open without a sub.

9 Know
23 CTV2AB
197 TSC
290 BCLTV.

Let me check in the meantime if these ones are on |07 or 111 sats.
All 4 of those have the searching for satellite message. I will have my installer fix the 107 signal for me as I'm getting a very strong signal on the other bird at least according to the satellite setup menus.

Thanks again for the help.

All 4 of those have the searching for satellite message. I will have my installer fix the 107 signal for me as I'm getting a very strong signal on the other bird at least according to the satellite setup menus.

Thanks again for the help.

Unfortunately there are no channels open on 111W for you to test now, but sounds like now it´s just a matter of tweaking the dish to get 107w, activate your programming and enjoy your shows.

I just had my installation and activation completed, but there are a few missing channels. I am not receiving Global (Channel 32) or City (Channel 35) from Toronto in HD, or ABC east. Is this normal? I have the advanced lineup now which is different from what I had before.

Global HD Toronto, City HD Toronto and ABC HD East are on the 111 w bird, So if you have signal from that sat, and you have at least the Essentials in English package you should be getting those channels.
What do you get when tuning those channels, red signal, message on screen, etc ?

Global HD Toronto, City HD Toronto and ABC HD East are on the 111 w bird, So if you have signal from that sat, and you have at least the Essentials in English package you should be getting those channels.
What do you get when tuning those channels, red signal, message on screen, etc ?

Red signal, Receiver has lost satellite signal.

Red signal, Receiver has lost satellite signal.

If you tune to CBS HD East, do you get the signal and channel? That one is in the same bird.

If you get that one, I could only think that a minor tweak in the dish could fix that. I know sometimes a dish
can be pointed to a bird, and some tps are strong, while others are weak or not getting them, a fine alignment in the dish, can
make sure all the tps available are there, but still some tps could be weaker than others.

If I remember correctly you went with the 75e dish, I think you souldn´t have problem for not getting a watchable signal
for 111w and those channels.

Just to make sure,

Check on your menu for
System Setup - Syst Settings - System Status wait a few seconds and check on the line signal for the
Ecb No. db number in the channels you´re not getting and on CBS HD East, if you get CBS HD.

It could be the db numbers on the channels you´re missing are much lower than on CBS HD East,
which could mean a fine tweak on the dish would be needed to ensure you get a watchable signal from
the 111w sat.

I was receiving CBS East. For some reason without tweaking the dish, the missing channels are now coming in. I doubt this is normal behavior, but we will tweak things when I can get my installer back out here.

Again, thanks for the help and info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)