A few questions about the new turbo packages

HotLZ

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
I want to make sure I understand this new turbo stuff correctly. I presently have America's top 250 at $59.99 + $10 for HD essentials. Now Dish is offering top 250 + GoldHD for $54.99 + $10 for the GoldHD. So I would save $5/month plus get more HD programming, correct? What's not to like, or am I missing something here?

Also, I'm considering the TurboHD package alone. Does this include my RSN and all programming for it, or only what they broadcast in HD?

I'm reading they won't let existing subs change until Feb. I'm going to call and find out if that's indeed the case.

I want to make sure I understand this new turbo stuff correctly. I presently have America's top 250 at $59.99 + $10 for HD essentials. Now Dish is offering top 250 + GoldHD for $54.99 + $10 for the GoldHD. So I would save $5/month plus get more HD programming, correct? What's not to like, or am I missing something here?

Also, I'm considering the TurboHD package alone. Does this include my RSN and all programming for it, or only what they broadcast in HD?

I'm reading they won't let existing subs change until Feb. I'm going to call and find out if that's indeed the case.

GoldHD is the same as AT250 + HD essentials, so if "go" to that package you wont get anything new. also it's $5 less because it doesn't have locals.

As far as the first option (move to At250+Gold) you can do it easily at any point.
As far the standalone TurboHD packages they are only avail. for NEW customers only and as you are existing customer you cannot get any of them...at least not until February 01, 2009...

You can see what each new/renamed combo package gets you here:

DISH Network -- Dish HD

Check it out and compare. AT250+Gold may give you few more channels as HD Essentials originally had the least amount of HD channels (Essentials>>Ultimate>>Absolute)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)