A Few Questions... Please Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satelliteremotecontrol

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Hello There

I first would like to thank the fine people who helped me out last week with my search to find Galaxy 10R. The info and help was greatly appreciated. I would have come back and thanked everyone sooner, but I fell under the weather the past few days.

Okay, I know most people want you to do your own research and find your own answers to questions, but for the below questions, I am stuck, and would appreciate any and all help. I wouldn't ask if my back wasn't against the wall and I was lost.

1.) To let everyone know, I am located in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, which is (20:00m) from Toronto. I am using for this particular quest, a Pansat 2700 Clone, brand new out of the box, programmed and running perfectly.

2.) Last week I was searching for Galaxy 10R. I DID find it, and was able to watch and record some of the shows I was searching for from a few of the channels. I am Interested with Galaxy 10R Only for the RTN (Retro Television Networks) for Classic Tv. Shows. It was great while it lasted. See over the weekend, we had some bad weather, and it knocked my alignment out. I wasn't set-up super tight yet, as I was still fooling with the system. Now, for the past (3) Days, I can't find it again. Here's what's happening?

3.) I am locking on to 121W, and I am certain it is 121. The channels for which Lyngsat list as 121 channels, are there, and I always have a channel that says "Congratulations you have a Super Dish and you are pointed at 121". Therefore I assume, I am correct with saying I can find and lock 121W. However, no luck after that.

4.) When I then try and move to find Galaxy 10R, depending on the movement I do, I am finding, scanning, and loading down the following:

Don't Know What It is
PowerVu
EJN
-Channel 1
-Cahnnel 2
-Channel 3
-Channel 4

PiTV
-SKL1
-DAAI
-CQTV
-CSGD
-CSFJ
-CSLN
-SXTV
-PAC2
-SNOM
-SNOT
-AAD
-HOTS
-TEST

Irdeto
PeeWee
-CH1
-CH2

The ONLY thing I have found as far as Galaxy 10R goes is, I can find and scan from Galaxy 10R:

UWTV
Research

I have checked with Lyngsat, and those are (2) channels from Galaxy 10R. I can't find, locate, scan, load, anything else. I have done almost everything you could imagine. Now, though I never had that great of a signal the few days I did have Galaxy 10R, I would think and hope, to obtain those channels I did have. There were (15) channels that loaded last week, and (6) of them were RTN's!!! I was thrilled. Now, nothing but what's listed above.

5.) Can anyone help, or does anyone have any thoughts and or idea's?

6.) Does anyone know, are there RTN (Retro Television Network's) on other satellites? Any that aren't on Galaxy 10R? I am only interested as mentioned above, in Galaxy 10R for the RTN's. I would choose another Satellite if they had even just (1) RTN.

7.) I have read and looked in to, the possibility of Galaxy 3C 95W. I have read that my receiver, and dish would work fine. I also see that there are a Bunch of FTA channels on there, of course which include some RTN's. Where I am located, and having the euipment, would I be able to receive this signal do you believe? I would hope to locate Galaxy 3C at 95W, with 4040 H TP 17 for those channels. Anyone in or near my area have Galaxy 3C?

8.) Last question, I promise. I have researched having American Life Network. I was informed by someone that it is located at Galaxy 16, and told it was Freq 11800, Pol H. 12 510 TP5. My question is a two parter? How do I search for Galaxy 16 if it's not listed on my receiver? Does that mean I can't have Galaxy 16? If that's not the case, where would I even find the Co-Ordinates for it? It's not listed anywhere that I have found. I don't even know if my equipment would work for Galaxy 16?

I am so sorry for all the questions everyone. I was just at a loss the last couple of days, and had to try and ask. I don't expect everything answered. Maybe even just some info to help me along in this long, hard, and very cold outside search for Classic Tv.

Thank you to everyone who helped previously, and to everyone who may sit down and read this long essay by a fool who wants to watch some rare Classic Tv.

Thank You,

Sincerely,

4.) When I then try and move to find Galaxy 10R, depending on the movement I do, I am finding, scanning, and loading down the following:

Don't Know What It is
PowerVu
EJN
-Channel 1
-Cahnnel 2
-Channel 3
-Channel 4

PiTV
-SKL1
-DAAI
-CQTV
-CSGD
-CSFJ
-CSLN
-SXTV
-PAC2
-SNOM
-SNOT
-AAD
-HOTS
-TEST

Irdeto
PeeWee
-CH1
-CH2
that is Horizon 1 at 127W

The ONLY thing I have found as far as Galaxy 10R goes is, I can find and scan from Galaxy 10R:

UWTV
Research

I have checked with Lyngsat, and those are (2) channels from Galaxy 10R. I can't find, locate, scan, load, anything else. I have done almost everything you could imagine. Now, though I never had that great of a signal the few days I did have Galaxy 10R, I would think and hope, to obtain those channels I did have. There were (15) channels that loaded last week, and (6) of them were RTN's!!! I was thrilled. Now, nothing but what's listed above.

5.) Can anyone help, or does anyone have any thoughts and or idea's?
damn. It sounds like you're only getting the horizontal polarity. The 2 items on G10 you got are H poalrity as is the stuff on H1. Make sure the settings in the box are right

6.) Does anyone know, are there RTN (Retro Television Network's) on other satellites? Any that aren't on Galaxy 10R? I am only interested as mentioned above, in Galaxy 10R for the RTN's. I would choose another Satellite if they had even just (1) RTN.
nothing on KU. Equity Broadcasting owns the RTN stuff (and most of the channels on G10). C-Band at G3 (95W) has some more but you need a 6 footer for that

7.) I have read and looked in to, the possibility of Galaxy 3C 95W. I have read that my receiver, and dish would work fine. I also see that there are a Bunch of FTA channels on there, of course which include some RTN's. Where I am located, and having the euipment, would I be able to receive this signal do you believe? I would hope to locate Galaxy 3C at 95W, with 4040 H TP 17 for those channels. Anyone in or near my area have Galaxy 3C?
I can get it just fine here in Minnesota (44.7N 93.5W) with a 6 foot Fortec dish

8.) Last question, I promise. I have researched having American Life Network. I was informed by someone that it is located at Galaxy 16, and told it was Freq 11800, Pol H. 12 510 TP5. My question is a two parter? How do I search for Galaxy 16 if it's not listed on my receiver? Does that mean I can't have Galaxy 16? If that's not the case, where would I even find the Co-Ordinates for it? It's not listed anywhere that I have found. I don't even know if my equipment would work for Galaxy 16?
Galaxy 16 is a replacement satellite for Galaxy 4 at 99 degrees west. So your box should have G4 in it. The only problem is that channel is Digicipher II encoding. The FTA boxes pick up DVB so you cannot get American life network :(

I am so sorry for all the questions everyone.
thats why we're here. To help out :)

I was just at a loss the last couple of days, and had to try and ask. I don't expect everything answered. Maybe even just some info to help me along in this long, hard, and very cold outside search for Classic Tv.

Thank you to everyone who helped previously, and to everyone who may sit down and read this long essay by a fool who wants to watch some rare Classic Tv.
like I say, we're here to help. We'll getcha RTN Back. It's a good channel and having multiple ones makes it even better :)

I assume the LNB is skewed properly? I know in your other thread, that was mentioned. It seems weird you can't get any V transponders. When you get those 2 back (UWTV & Research), see if you get any signal on
12114 freq
V polarity
4444 symbol rate

that is a strong transponder and should come in. That will let us know if you are getting vertical transponders

I find Lyngsat useful, but not optimal when looking for things.
Have you looked over the following list for Ku satellites?

Global

As for aiming instructions to any of the birds, there are numerous satellite calculators discussed in these threads, which will give you all the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello There

Thanks so much for the Info/Help from the other night. Taking the time to answer my questions is so greatly appreciated. I still haven't found the RTN Channels from Galaxy 10R. I can find the (2) previously mentioned channels on Galaxy 10R.

However, I can receive Vertical from Galaxy 10R. I am watching Tv. 2 which is a MyTv. on Vertical 12114. I just can't get anything else to come in. Just either the (2) channels UWTV & research, or Tv. 2 MyTv.

Any help or idea's?

Sincerely,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)