A few things I find annoying:

robotX

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
When browsing I get the message that there is no information for the program. If I go to the guide all the programming information it there. Isn't it sharing the same information in the browser as the guide? Ot even worse it displays that the channel is playing one program

I am constantly losing my HD stations signal. The others work. I have to go and test the switch and then it works fine. But this a few minute process as it tests the switch, then the receiver is forced to download the guide information. Well there goes the beginning of the prgram.

I am always losing the OTA digital channels. I program them in, they work fine. A day or so later the channel mysteriously disapears and I'm forced to go and add dtv once more. I thought at first that it was erasing the channel if at some point it loses the signal, but this doesn't seem to be the case after some testing.

Gary,

I actually learned to change lanes without using my turn signals in NYC. God help ya if you wanted to change lanes and actually told the person in that lane that you were going to do it. They'd just speed up to keep ya from doing it. Now, here in CA, I signal like a good boy. ;)

Oh that's the truth!

In Philly, on the ShurKill eXpressWay, if a hole opened up to your left, you had BETTER move into it - because the guy on your right was gonna move into the hole you better leave!

Bobby said:
Gary,

I actually learned to change lanes without using my turn signals in NYC. God help ya if you wanted to change lanes and actually told the person in that lane that you were going to do it. They'd just speed up to keep ya from doing it. Now, here in CA, I signal like a good boy. ;)

What part of CA do you live in. Same rules apply in SoCal. Well actually you make the lane change and then signal. ;) People in SoCal do the speed up thing also in the area I live in. :LOL

robotX said:
When browsing I get the message that there is no information for the program. If I go to the guide all the programming information it there. Isn't it sharing the same information in the browser as the guide? Ot even worse it displays that the channel is playing one program

There seems to be a bug in the browse function. There is a thread that list the known defect on here somewhere. I started it and I this one is on the list. It is unofficial, but does let people know some of the issues 811 users are running across.

robotX said:
I am constantly losing my HD stations signal. The others work. I have to go and test the switch and then it works fine. But this a few minute process as it tests the switch, then the receiver is forced to download the guide information. Well there goes the beginning of the prgram.
Is this OTA HD Stations or Dish HD Stations? If OTA, you might have some installations issues or it can be your 811. There is a lot of threads on this subject with some suggestions. Do a search on OTA and 811.

robotX said:
I am always losing the OTA digital channels. I program them in, they work fine. A day or so later the channel mysteriously disapears and I'm forced to go and add dtv once more. I thought at first that it was erasing the channel if at some point it loses the signal, but this doesn't seem to be the case after some testing.
This was a known problem that a lot of people were seeing some time back. I think there are still a few people having this issue. Post what the channels are and where you are. Would be interested if someone in your area is getting the same results.

Also.. What version are you running? Is the 2.69?

WeeJavaDude said:
What part of CA do you live in. Same rules apply in SoCal. Well actually you make the lane change and then signal. ;) People in SoCal do the speed up thing also in the area I live in. :LOL

Better than Dallas signal change rules.... shoot the driver in lane you need to be in, then when he runs off the road, take his spot in the lane.

snathanb said:
Better than Dallas signal change rules.... shoot the driver in lane you need to be in, then when he runs off the road, take his spot in the lane.

Yes that is a very common manuever here too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)