A friend of mine needs your help!!!

Howaraj1013

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
I have a buddy with a "two Receiver" Voom system that needs some help. He had been wrestling with OTA reception in Birmingham, AL and lived through two or three unsuccessful antenna upgrades and finally got the antenna he needs.

He called me while his service tech was on the "New Problem"; Some channels are missing from his secondary STB ( no ESPNHD) and some are mixed up (HD & SD). Efforts to swap receivers have no effect on this problem. The missing and mixed up channels cannot be received on STB #2.

Any ideas?

Did you have the installer check the LNB on the satellite dish? Also check your diplexors, if you are using them.

Another option is to call Voom and have them to deactivate all the equipment and to reactivate all the equipment.

I had a problem when I had received an upgraded antenna. The problem was that the installer had power going to my upgraded antenna, which the antenna didn't require. He removed the power and everything return back to normal.

Hopefully one of these suggestions helps with your problem.

You have to call Voom to re-init the box. I think the channels you are allowed to receive are dependent on the box/card. If Voom thinks you shouldn't receive a channel you won't.

I had it happen once or twice already. It won't fix itself until Voom automatically updates their database or you call them to force the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts