A Gifted Man

Medium certainly ran it's course and Ghost Whisperer got a little too strange after she (as my wife calls her the boob lady who changes her outfits at least 9-times every show) got pregnant and gave birth to a 6-year old. Regardless, both shows still had respectable ratings (led Friday night) when they were cancelled which appears to be one of CBS' patented moves.

Anyway, I have no idea what this show is about based on the promos..

7 October 2011: In Case of Discomfort

...never mind, New Show, just not updated at IMDB.

"As Michael interviews potential new clinic directors, one man passes out and later refuses medical attention; Michael discovers lesions on a patient's brain that require immediate surgery."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: "A Gifted Man" In Case of Discomfort (TV episode 2011) - IMDb

14 October 2011: In Case of Separation Anxiety

"Michael turns to Anton for help with a patient who hears voices; Kate has her first day at the clinic."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com

Normally I would say this show isn't going anywhere because are easily winning their time-slot. However, this is CBS and they've been known to cancel shows drawing 8-10 million viewers: Medium, Ghost Whisperers, Numb3rs, The Defenders, Shark, etc. I think CBS hoping this show would pick-up viewers who like House, Ghost Whisper and Touched by an Angel. The problem is that is the show is strugging to find an identity, at times. But based on the ratings it's more than good enough for Friday night which, once again, CBS has a stranglehold over the other networks.

8 p.m.
CBS:"A Gifted Man" (7.5 million viewers, 5.0/9 households)
FOX: "Kitchen Nightmares" (3.7 million, 2.3/4)
ABC: "Modern Family" rerun (3.4 million, 2.4/4)/"Suburgatory" rerun (2.9 million, 1.9/3)
NBC: "Up All Night" rerun (3.1 million, 2.1/4)/"Whitney" rerun (2.9 million, 1.9/3)
The CW: "Nikita" (1.6 million, 1.1/2)

Friday nights are one of the worst nights for tv, since most of the demographic that the networks want to watch the show( age 18 - 49) is out on the town. So they might influence the networks decision to keep the show on the air for now. Come mid season , we might see a replacement in it's place.

4 November 2011: In Case of Memory Loss

Well, there appears to be a discrepancy between Tivo and IMDb as to which episode will be broadcast this week (In case of Memory Loss or In Case of Abnormal Rhythm). We shall see...

"Kate and Michael team up and try to save a patient with a deadly virus; Michael notices a patient's mother exhibiting symptoms of a serious condition." ~or~ "While at the clinic, Michael runs into a former football star that he performed successful surgery on years ago, and is now a shell of his former self, living on the streets. At Holt Neuro, Michael examines a patient who suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder.

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1820742/episodes

In Case of Exposure

"Michael feels conflicted when he learns that a patient (John Benjamin Hickey) with a malignant brain tumor was responsible for a terrible crime; a firefighter (Mamie Gummer) is brought in for an evaluation after appearing to be disoriented."

I guess this is part of their "In Case of..." series (e.g., In Case of All Hell Breaking Loose, In Case of Discomfort, In Case of Separation Anxiety, In Case of Loss of Control, In Case of Memory Loss, In Case of Abnormal Rhythm, etc.)

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: "A Gifted Man" In Case of Exposure (TV episode ) - IMDb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)