A 'GOOD' Customer Svc Experience

Brandie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
We have been getting the dredded "Check Switch" and "Searching for Satellite" messages each afternoon lately, especially during the 5 PM local news, in the heat of the day, so to speak.

I did some research, both on this great forum, and on Dish Network's Tech pages and I learned about the possibility of an overheated LNB.

I called the 1-800 number and listened to the usual speil one get's and fully expected to end up in the Far East. Much to my surprise, a wonderful women named Debra from Houston answered. She listened as I explained what was happening and she told me it's hot in Florida and it looks like you need to have your LNB replaced.

I asked if there was a charge and was told yes, $29.00 but that she would immeditely credit it on the bill.

She scheduled a tech for between 8 & Noon on Thur, 8-23.

With all the negative comments about customer service on here of late, I thought this positive experience would be welcomed.

Ordinarily only the gripers post their CS experiences here. Sort of like the news broadcasts always being preponderantly bad news, because good news is not news.

Well. as long as we are on the subject - Several months ago my 522 was acting up. Seemed like the HD was dieing probably. I got right through to a rep with hardly any hold time. The rep was from Pennsylvania (if I remember right - but was definately an american anyway). She knew what she was doing and arranged shipment of replacement 522 quickly and without hassle.

Actually, I haven't had to call Dish that often, and maybe I've been lucky, but I've found their CSR's/support people to be much better than most. (which unfortunately isn't saying much). I hear tale of their support being outsource, but I've never had a rep with scripted responses and/or broken engish. Unlike Dell, Verizon, various cell phone providers, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)