A Gopher had fun while I was away. (Plus new TELE satellite PDF)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Los Angeles CA
I got back last Friday from a trip to Sri Lanka (A small island South of India), my parents had business that had to be worked out there.

I am finally getting over the jetlag (20+ hours of flying, a total of 40 hours including stops) and the time difference of 12 hours.

So when I arrived home I was pleased to see that my dish was still there ;), but was annoyed to see what the Gopher had done.
Most of the lawn has been dug up and so has my 1.2 Meter dish's tripod (My arc is off on the ends) :(
So tomorrow I have to re-level the tripod and re-align the dish :)

While I was in Sri Lanka it was interesting to see the satellite dishes elevation angles (due to the small latitude of 7 degrees North),
most BUD's were pointing straight up and offset dishes elevation looked like BUD's here ,
sadly I did not see any 30" - 1.2 Meter dishes (Ku band).

There were many 26" (65 cm) dishes with linear LNBs (they must be very powerful) for subscription programing (Dialog Satellite TV)
(around 55 Channels for ~ 22 US$ a month which is a lot of money there).
Unfortunately I did not get to see the service, but I did see the OTA channels they have,
8 analog channels all in their native language which I did not understand. !sadroll

Now it's time to get back to programing, blind scanning and reading all the threads I missed here, I can't wait to start :D

TELE-satellite website

The new TELE-satellite Magazine Issue 0807 PDF is now available!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 233
You'd been so quiet, I thought maybe something happened to ya.
Good to know it wasn't anything bad.

Can we call it a vacation? Well, at least you got away from LA. ;)

Good to have ya back around.

are you going to go after them like Chevy Chase did on Caddyshack? :)

Haha, no, the jeep was the only method of transportation on the coconut lands in Sri Lanka (or walking which is not fun).

Can we call it a vacation? Well, at least you got away from LA. ;)

Vacation..., well I guess, I did miss LA and SatelliteGuys a lot.

Thanks, time to get back to reading all the FTA threads I missed :D.

Welcome back! I was going to make a Caddyshack comment, but Larry beat me to it :) Love that movie. Thanks for the link to the new TeleSatellite .pdf, I saw the hardcopy while in Barnes and Noble the other day and had forgotten to download it from the website...

COOL truck/jeep! Too bad about your dish.......are you going to go after them like Chevy Chase did on Caddyshack? :)

Actually it was Bill Murray's character (Carl I believe) that went after them......great movie.........sorry to hear about your dish.......little buggers!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts