A Great Entertainment addition to Dish.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
First of all I am in no way affiliated with this company ,just a satified Customer who would like to share some information.

I recently purchased a Roku Netflix player for 99 dollars,hooks up to your internet and when you go online with a Netflix account you can basically set up your own TV station.You have alot of choices of programs to watch and limited amount of Movies(more are added everyday).
What I did was disconnect my Internet connection from my 722(phone line still plugged in)and plug into Roku player,and it worked instantly(it will give you a code to go onto you PC and enter)thats all it takes if you a Netflix subscriber.
Compared to what Dishonline offers this is a great service.Also usually only takes less than 2 minutes to download a program.Compared to Dishes hours to download.
Myself I have gone down to basic (Cheapest HD Package) and with this Player I have more TV available than I can auctually watch.Sure initial Costs was 99 dollars but in a few months with what I cut down in programming on Dish I will make that back.This may not be for everybody,but for myself and my family its great.Also it is portable,(we took it to a Motel last week that had intenet connection and with are laptop was able to activate,good thing at motel was we got an excellent Playback of an HD movie because they had extra fast Internet,but yes it does work even with slower connections.Take it with you on Trips,compared to what you would spend for a Motel Movie its great.Check it out.

What TV programs are available? Mostly network fare that's already available on their own websites? Any programs from "cable" channels? How about premium channels?

I believe this is also available on the XBox 360, which I already have. I don't have a Netflix account though. Maybe I'll do the free trial and check it out.

Lots available.

What TV programs are available? Mostly network fare that's already available on their own websites? Any programs from "cable" channels? How about premium channels?

I believe this is also available on the XBox 360, which I already have. I don't have a Netflix account though. Maybe I'll do the free trial and check it out.

Its worth Checking out
Programms available are too many to mention here,go to netflix site and link onto watch instantly section
Alot of what is available are shows that are not shown much anymore,for example "Quincy"Hardy Boys ,Nancy Drew Mysteries,Macmillan and wife,Gimme a Break and lots of Movies.
Also Amazon has been added but I personally wont pay 1.99 a show,Hulu is supposed to be added soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)