A La Cart?

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Well, I checked the search engine, but don't find what I'm looking for. Can someone tell me if it's possible to just get locals, or is there some other minimum package that must be bought to get them?

DaveO, currently your simple question has some very varied answers...Yes,it is possible to get just locals IF they are available to you and you are not signed into a promotion which is still active. You will pay an additional "access fee" above the cost of the local, along with any DVR charges and the fees for additional units. All subject to change at any time.
hollering.gif

Locals = $5.99

If you do not have a "basic package" (AT60, 120, 180, AEP or one of the Dish Latinos)

$5.00 program access fee.

You are not eligible for any promotions or discounts.

You do have access to PPV, several shopping channels and NASA TV

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/119

See ya
Tony

A La Cart

TNGTony said:
Locals = $5.99

If you do not have a "basic package" (AT60, 120, 180, AEP or one of the Dish Latinos)

$5.00 program access fee.

You are not eligible for any promotions or discounts.

You do have access to PPV, several shopping channels and NASA TV

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/119

See ya
Tony

Thanks KD-Did & Tony!

My question is a little premature, but I noticed that Directv will (has proposed anyway) add the Springfield/Holyoke area as locals in 2004. I have both Dish & DTV, and since I got a better deal for HDTV from Dish, I'll be going primarily with them, but in March I'll be able to choose whatever I want from DTV as my year is up. Hopefully Springfield/Holyoke is not just smoke and they will appear soon. I can't get any local stations although I am well within their DMAs.

I also have a triple LNB dish and it appears that Springfield/Holyoke are not slated to go on the new satellite position (121?), so I should be good to go already.

Dave

Dave you are going to be VERY disapointed with the Springfield locals when they are added, as they will only carry WWLP, WGGB and WGBY, they will not offer the Hartford stations such as WTIC or WFSB.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dave you are going to be VERY disapointed with the Springfield locals when they are added, as they will only carry WWLP, WGGB and WGBY, they will not offer the Hartford stations such as WTIC or WFSB.

You're right Scott, although that will be at least NBC, ABC, and PBS for me. I will have to consider the 10 bux per month for those.

It really doesn't make much sense. The package should really be the Springfield/Hartford area, and include stations from those areas, as most all people who receive OTA get. Drawing the line at the border that is >6 miles in WWLP's case, and >15 in Hartford's case to the State line doesn't make sense.

Dave

I didnt think that DirecTv allowed you to order only the locals, that Dish Network was the only one that allowed this while DirecTv made you purchase Total Choice to order them.

If there is no Fox in that DMA will Dish give him another one, or can WTIC in Hartford block that because they can give a Grade B signal.

Scott Greczkowski said:

I think things are looking better. WFSB (3) CBS now has a satellite station in Springfield (WSHM) (67) (CBS), which will complete the network package.

To get these stations will be worth 10.99 a month to me. ($5.99 + $5.00 access fee).

Stargazer said:
I thought this was a question pertaining DirecTv instead of Dish Network?

That's right. I don't seen any rumors of E* doing the Springfield/Holyoke DMA, only D*, and that's contingent on satellite 7s making it to the heavens.

So, I have the answer on E* locals access cost, but not D*.

Dave

Scott Greczkowski said:

Ok, now here's what I can't understand: I am not elligible to receive Hartford locals (30 miles) because they are just over the state line in CT.

Today I get an announcement from D* about the new locals coming to my DMA in April:

ABC-40 CBS-67 (3) FOX-61 NBC-22 PBS-57

Now surprise surprise, one of the above happens to be in CT (FOX-61), so why am I eligible for it in April and not now?

At least this will end my trying to get a working antenna system here to get them (not possible), and for $10.99 per month I'll have locals. That's all I'll be giving D*!!

Hopefully Dish will pick them up in the future and I can be done with D*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)