A little help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cornejo7

Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Washington DC
I have been out of the DirecTV bus since Perfect10 and Installs Inc started hosing their installers, we have mainly been installing commercial sound, anyway, I have a client who was going to use cable, but now has decided to switch to DirecTV, but the way we have the place wired we need to fire up 8 HD receivers on one floor and then 28 HD receivers on another floor all are home runs to their respective head ends on each floor, and I can run a trunk line from one HE to the other. My question is Which Dish should I use for HD in the Baltimore area and more important what multiswitches can I use that are cascadable to give me 8 at first and then build a bank to get 28 more?
If anyone can selflessly answer please advice.

You will need a AU9 Slimline. It might make sense to use the 5 LNB version, as the 3 LNB type won't support the Spanish language stations on 119. With that many receivers, You could either use multiple multiswitches fed from the dish with splitters or a bunch of SWM-8 single wire multiswitches. The MDU suppliers have fixtures for interconnecting multiple SWM-8s (see PDI-SAT - MDU Complete), although it can be done with splitters and multiple power inserters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)