A little tip!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tim Godsil

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
I love the list, I really do! But there are some channels that are 3 words long. I have no idea what these channels are? Could someone,somehow,someway add a channel info box in the table? That would help me and a lot of newbies out.

I guess I don't know what channels in thelist you are talking about. I have not run in to any problems with them, can you provide and example of what you are talking about?

Like...

Tip Tv
New York Netowrk
Echostar Satellite Access Ctr
Channel 1 and 304 on Galaxy 28
AAFES
AGHAPY
AON Galaxy 3c
NTD
I think whoever made this list needs to add a description box to the table, and then you fta'ers can send them to (whoever) and then It can help other people.

I think they are fine like they are, but I guess I can see the confusion.

laff, some of the descriptions from me would be like
"middle east bloomberg looking channel with prayers"

I love the list, I really do! But there are some channels that are 3 words long. I have no idea what these channels are? Could someone,somehow,someway add a channel info box in the table? That would help me and a lot of newbies out.

You can cross check with Lyngsat. Alot of the channels there have a link you can click on to get more information on the channel.

The channels posted are mainly what they log at when they are scanned in. Some log in as "SNG" or "TV2" so they had to be changed

Tim:

You just have to get set up and start scanning; your posts indicate you will love FTA, if you don't break Iceberg's records for posts this week.

Here's another perspective. FTA is like a wrapped gift; a big part of the excitement is not actually what's inside the wrapping, but the anticipation of finding out what it is.

When you scan in AMC-4 for the first time and see AGHAPY show up in your channel list, you can discover for yourself what that channel is all about and make your own decision as to whether it interests you or not.

FTA is not like a subscription service where there are marketing materials. In many cases, each channel is a lone wolf so it's up to that individual organization how to label their channel. Quite often channels will use their actual name or call letters. Some channels may not want to advertise the fact that they are unencrypted on FTA, so they will use a non-descriptive name instead. Like I said before, the searching is the fun part.

My recommendation is to look for hyperlinks for channel names on Lyngsat. I know for myself, I visited countless websites just to find out what that channel was all about. And that was BEFORE I even spent a single dollar on FTA equipment. :eureka

When you scan in AMC-4 for the first time and see AGHAPY show up in your channel list, you can discover for yourself what that channel is all about and make your own decision as to whether it interests you or not.
not to nitpick ;) but its on G26 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts