Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is a bit about DirecTV's upcoming "ACTIVE" interactive service.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Active_main_final.jpg
    Active_main_final.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DIRECTV Active.pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 925
Personally, I think the interactive channels are waste of space. Throw out the channels and work on the compression issues.

Has anyone heard when the new DirecTV H10 hi-def receiver will be available? I'm assuming it will be able to take advantage of the new interactive services. :)

mcbeevee said:
Has anyone heard when the new DirecTV H10 hi-def receiver will be available? I'm assuming it will be able to take advantage of the new interactive services. :)
I have heard people are receiving now with installs. Couple threads at AVS HD hardware forums regarding it. Manual is online at D*'s site.

CRendall said:
I assume we'll need newer receivers like the D10 and H10 to use these new interactive features. Is that true?

Chris

I can get these MIX channels just fine on my Samsung DTivo.

My parents just had the D10 receivers installed. The text menus and the MIX channels are difficult to read on the 20" TV and totally useless on the 13" especially if they are connected with the RFout.

Neutron said:
I can get these MIX channels just fine on my Samsung DTivo.

We can all receive them and cycle through the audio BUT we can not all use the menu arrows to highlight the channel and press enter to tune it. Are you saying your Samsung is doing that?

Oh, I haven't tried that yet. I was just responding to the person that was asking if you needed a new receiver to get the MIX channels.

If they're not going to be adding any new nonHD channels then I'll take the mix channels and interactive stuff.

Hmm. I love interactive channels. I miss wink :(. Interactive weather and like play-along stuff would be fun, AND if it had like actual prizes. I mean you answer the Jeopardy questions anyway. Whatever, takes all kinds...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv issues?

What's the latest on new national HD channels???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)