A LOT of EA games losing Multiplayer June 30th.

I've never understood the brief hysteria around some of these shutdowns. Just feeds agenda posters for the most part I think (not referring to why you posted this)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well part of the issue is that without multiplayer, a bunch of these games are basically useless. I mean who is going to play Star Wars: Battlefront without Multiplayer? Yes at the end of the day, not a ton of people will be affected by this (including myself) but it does sort of suck that after June 30th, a whole part of the game won't work anymore. And yes, the fact that it's EA and they seem to do this a LOT more often than other publishers does inflame gamers a bit more, but as history has proven, gamers want everything to work forever, for better or worse.

It's both. Gamespy shutting down has put a LOT of games from different companies in limbo. However, EA for a while had a "We'll get back to you about it" attitude, and now they're basically saying "Yeah, we're just going to shut everything down." Not surprising given the cost/benefit analysis of keeping these games up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)