A lot of Olympic HD missing from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think he was just using the term generically. I used to be in the film and video business and people often used the word film for video taping, even though they new better.

It's like having a DVR - my wife still asks me if I'm going to TAPE something she sees on the schedule that she wants to watch later.

Always good to try and make an effort to help people adopt the correct terminology to avoid confusion in the future. Probably hopeless though! :D

loose for lose seems to be very popular these days...

T is going HD

I know. I remember when they bought Telemundo. (Universal wanted to stay independent and costed too much money.) However, Telemundo is still out of reach for me.

I would like to see Univision and Telemundo go HD. The senoritas of the novellas in HD. :up

Back to the Olympics...Dish has been looking a little better since they went down to 80 HD channels. Maybe we won't see a gazillion artifacts during the telecasts.

Telemundo is going HD but it won't be before the Olympics. It gonna be sometime in 2009.

The day the IOC "allowed" professionals to participate was the day I didn't really cared who won in basketball or baseball. I think the whole idea of the spirit of the Olympics are gone in those sports. Yes, I know that other countries have used so-called amateurs in these sports for years and the US has only been putting in pros the past couple of games. I always liked in the past when the college guys who may not have had the chance to play in the pros got that one chance to play in the Olympics. Not anymore. If I wanted to watch the Olympics with pros, I might as well as watch the NBA, which is boring.

Let's not forget we can watch it OTA in HD. E* & D* are not the only sources.

Dish Removed UNIHD Promo, Now What for the Olympics?

About the time I discovered that I now had Lifetime and LMN in HD, I discovered that Dish removed the free promo of Universal HD. With the Olympics starting in a week, that sucks. Does Dish expect a bunch of subs for UNIHD this week just so they can watch the Olympics?

Link: NBCU Outlines Networks' Olympic Lineups - 7/8/2008 4:30:00 PM - Multichannel News

The short of it:

NBC will be broadcasting ALL OF THE OLYMPICS in High Definition using these networks:

NBC, USA, MSNBC, CNBC, Oxygen, Telemundo and Universal HD

Dish subscribers WILL NOT see a large portion of it in HD because it will be on MSNBC-HD (launching soon)..................

MSNBC-HD.............Oh happy happy joy joy :hungry:

But I'm sure Dish will pick it up........................."Soon" after launching. :p

Come on guys, read the earlier posts on this thread. PMS-NBC IS NOT carrying any Olympic coverage in HD, so it is not a factor. Universal HD along with network NBC and USA are broadcasting the Olympics in HD. But, unless you subscribe to the Ultimate Pak, you won't be seeing the UNIHD Olympic coverage. Now that is a real issue!

Bah! Dish put Universal HD in MPEG2 FreeView mode during the 2006 Winter Olympics.

I bet $100 space dollars its available during the games.

Bah! Dish put Universal HD in MPEG2 FreeView mode during the 2006 Winter Olympics.

I bet $100 space dollars its available during the games.

You can subscribe to the platinum Pak free for three months with no commitment, which will cover the Olympics nicely via Universal HD. :)

Curious, there are two channels that appear on the bottom of channel listings on the OLy web site for NBC. They are the basketball and soccer channels. They have noe channel assigned to them for Dish and was wondering if we get them or what? I know back in 1992 NBC did a special setup where you get practically everything on special channels you paid extra for, this was excellent. Not sure what these 2 channels are for. Thanks

Curious, there are two channels that appear on the bottom of channel listings on the OLy web site for NBC. They are the basketball and soccer channels. They have noe channel assigned to them for Dish and was wondering if we get them or what? I know back in 1992 NBC did a special setup where you get practically everything on special channels you paid extra for, this was excellent. Not sure what these 2 channels are for. Thanks
The basketball and soccer channels have been uplinked by Dish. They are not available yet, as far as I know. I'm not sure if they will be active by the first games on August 6th.

The basketball and soccer channels have been uplinked by Dish. They are not available yet, as far as I know. I'm not sure if they will be active by the first games on August 6th.

Why on earth would they uplink them a week in advance, using up bandwidth, and then not turn them on ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)