A low-cost DVD Player that works with RC-65 remote?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmcclure

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
I am pushing an HR24-200, and want to add a low-cost DVD player that will handle 1080 HD. Don't care if it is Blu-Ray, since that seems to be a dying spec. Don't want 3D.

What I **do** need re three DVD players (so I don't have to learn a whole new setup for each room). Decent picture. Smart access to things like YouTube (and web?).

And one that works 100 percent from the RC-65 DirecTV remote, without having to use multiple remotes. Forward, backward, enter, on, off, menu...everything.

Please, please do not cut and paste something you found in another forum. Please do not respond unless you are personally running the DVD player with the DirecTV remote and it does everything right (RF or IR mode?). If it requires the DVD remote to do ANYTHING, please say so.

Oh, and avoid the Samsung BD-E5400 blu-ray player. Only half the keys work for that model.

Dave

Many keys on the rc65 remote are strictly for directv receivers, like the color keys. Press each key under the av1 or av2 device, if the light above the directv device goes on, that is a key only available to directv receivers no matter what dvd or blu-ray code is used. So you may not need a new model of dvd, if the keys you're missing now are not available to ANY model of dvd player.

Also you're going to need a BluRay player if you want "Smart" features. I have never seen a internet connected Smart regular DVD player, only BluRay Players.

I use a couple LG BD610 blu-ray players and the RC65 remote works well controlling those. They are not internet enabled, just disc, but I imagine the next level up LG player that does internet would work just as well on the remote.

Both the FFW and chapter skip (uses 30 second skip button) work fine, and arrows work for controlling the menus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts