A message on behalf of techs to customers

I have a question. I recently added 77 installed by dish {dish van}. He left his phone number. Can they upgrade service {add a second 622}by my calling him or do I have to call dish?

Have to call Dish. Techs can't issue equipment on their own without authorization. The most he could do for you is walk you through a problem, or come back and reconnect something that got unplugged. (Talking about on his own time)

I would prefer to be there when the install is being done for a couple of reasons. One, I want to see where they have to put the dish. On my first Dish install, the tech supposedly had a fear of heights and mounted the dish on the back porch. That would not have been a problem except for the tree that was in the way of the sat that had the local nets at the time. Also I want to be there so I can hook up the box the way that I want it. There's also the security, my wife wants me there when the tech shows up because she does not want to be bothered with "where would you like the it?" But also agree with other posters that a lot of people don't know how HD works and a good portion of them don't care. As long as the picture talks, my wife could care less if it is HD or not.

well this lovely exchange makes me not want to ask my installer next week who is running a new coaxial line to also do me a favor and run two ethernet lines through the same space with the coaxial; i was planning on offering some cash but i might tread lightly now considering this exchange

Wow a customer that knows what they want and know how to get it. And is already willing to pay a few extra bucks to run 2 more lines. Wish I was your installer. Hope you have a great install:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)