A "move" question due to FOX Saturday baseball blackouts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sori4mvp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Okay, so here is my situation. I'm in NC and I'm frustrated with the FOX Saturday Baseball blackouts by MLB. All games that start before 7:00 PM ET on Saturdays are blacked out. This seems ridiculous to me because the FOX games start at 4:10 and to me it's silly to black out the 1 PM ET games but they freaking do! Silliness!

Anyway, to get around that I was thinking of "moving" again and just using my Uncles address on Long Island. I've done this before a few years back. I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone knew an answer. When I last did a move the MY9 Yankee games weren't available through EI and since MY9*WWOR* is spotbeam I couldn't get that in the local channels section, I only got CBS, FOX, NBC and ABC. So now my question is will the MY9 feed of the Yankee game be in the clear in the 700's with the EI package or will it black it out there and want me to watch it in the local section? I hope I'm making sense. lol Second question is this, will the local sections of FOX, CBS, ABC and NBC which I can get be in HD??? Or is the HD feeds of those NY Locals spot beam? Thanks in advance.

1. If you "moved" any games that are My9 would not show up in MLB EI as the way the sports ppv packages are programed. So any "local" games have to be watched on there "Local" channel. Which are still acceptable to blackouts.

2. Last time I checked NY locals were not on a spotbeam but that might have changed.

1. If you "moved" any games that are My9 would not show up in MLB EI as the way the sports ppv packages are programed. So any "local" games have to be watched on there "Local" channel. Which are still acceptable to blackouts.

2. Last time I checked NY locals were not on a spotbeam but that might have changed.

IIRC, only the big four are on CONUS, the rest are on spots.

Not true. There have been some My9 games on EI. In fact I watched one this year already.

basically the only way to answer the question is somebody in the nyc dma or "moved" to nyc dma to tune to the EI chaanel when it is a MY9 broadcast and see if its blacked out. i myself live in YES territory but not in nyc dma and the MY9 games are blacked out on EI but the replay of the MY9 game on YES is not blacked out.

Dish has the the nyc big 4 + my9 and cw11 on conus but not in HD. In theory if somebody was that desperate to watch my9 yankees games live, they could get nyc locals standalone(something like $10 a month or so) on dish network.this would also get you the cw11 mets games which are not at all available on EI

If you "moved" to NYC DMA, My 9 games would be blacked out on MLB-EI. Message says game available localy or something close to that. It's only a few games that you would miss that are My 9, you would get the FOX 5 NY game, and you would have been able to watch this afternoon's game on YES.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)