A New bird lauched Telstar 11N at 37.5* W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I just found, out from the space news website saying they launched a new bird on a rocket caled Tellstar 11N and will be located at 37.5 *W!!:hungry::)

I wonder how long will they test the new bird before using it for everyday use?

Got a link to the site?

Wonder where it will be aimed?
Not much chance seeing it from the western coast of the USA.
It's one degree below my horizon, and I'm maybe 10..20 miles from the ocean. :(

I don't think my motorized has the ROM to see that anyway.

I think I would need a stationary to see that far East.

Glen,

How far west are you? If you are not further west than the Missouri River basin, you should be OK.

There are other tricks to drive your dish further if you need to. I am just across the Missouri River in Nebraska, and I can use USALS to drive to near 37.5W That is my limit. If I use DiSEqC 1.2 control, I can step my dish down to about 30W.

If you are east of the Missouri/Mississippi River, you should not have any problems. Go further west and you will be running into limitations.

Radar

Pretty geeked about this sat. I believe one of the intentions for this sat is for transatlantic transmitions to replace/co-exist with Telstar12 (15W). The footprint for T11N reaches into the rocky mtns and therefore provides more coverage that T12.

Lets hope they put this sat to good use :)

Glen,

How far west are you? If you are not further west than the Missouri River basin, you should be OK.

There are other tricks to drive your dish further if you need to. I am just across the Missouri River in Nebraska, and I can use USALS to drive to near 37.5W That is my limit. If I use DiSEqC 1.2 control, I can step my dish down to about 30W.

If you are east of the Missouri/Mississippi River, you should not have any problems. Go further west and you will be running into limitations.

Radar

I'm in 62040, about 9 minutes from the Mississippi River and about 25 or so minutes from the Missouri river if I take I-255-S.

The furthest East I have ever had my dish is Amazonas and I thought that was about the limit. I may try that bird after it becomes operational.

Thanks for the info.

Yea, [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_%28fictional%29"]Skynet (Terminator) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]... from the movie, Terminator, eh?

When did they plan to take over the world....? - :rolleyes:

Hello from Europe!

I hope this Satellite will send many FTA Feeds from the US to Europe!

NASCAR FTA Feeds! Sportfeeds and more! :)

Every day i´m so lucky to see the NBC Feeds on 15°West Telstar 12!
The Today Show ,Nightly News .......

Hello from Europe!

Hi Kroeni: an welcome, from over the big pond.

you should keep a eye on Intelsat-9 C-band, an scan it from time to time, for the internationals feeds, if you can get that from you're location.

now T-12 is about as low as my CM horizon mount will go, but watch them too. going to put up a 10-foot with a actuator that will get down to alanticbird-3 from here, have a clean shot but my mount wont let me get their.

Hello and thanks for the welcome!

No,i cannot get the Intelsat 9! The satellite is on 58°West and my Stab Motor for my dish ends at 50°West!

Do you know when the Telstar 11N will move to the endposition?
And where is the satellite now?
Testpositon or still moving?

Hello from Europe!

Hi Kroeni!

Welcome to the other side of the pond.

What receiever/s are you using? What kind of channels can you get from your satellites over there in Germany?

I am too far inland (State of Nebraska) to get the satellites that you can receive and vice versa. 18W (342E) is just barely over the horizon for me, but I cannot get anything from it or any sat up to 43.1W (316.9E). Most are too low in the sky, behind the trees and actually most are behind my house from the dish's point of view.

Great to have you join in here! It will be very intersesting to hear about your stuff over there.

AcWxRadar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)