Having issues picking up various satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Randy1

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 13, 2009
north cAROLINA
Can someone help me by telling me how many channels you get on 74.0w right now? Is it a football game on one channel and audio on the other?

What does tandberg mean?

Thanks

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2004
Can someone help me by telling me how many channels you get on 74.0w right now? Is it a football game on one channel and audio on the other?

What does tandberg mean?

Thanks
There are 3 channels right now.
ohio news network which is always there.
also a football game right now.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2004
I only have a football game and one station with audio, whats wrong?
You may need to adjust your dish a little.
move the motor east or west in one step increments to see if you get a better signal.
The channel that has only audio is in 4.2.2 video so you will not be able to see it

Randy1

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 13, 2009
north cAROLINA
91.0w

Im new to this fta stuff. So pardon me if this sounds off...

On the list of this website, 91.0 has strong transponder only. I am getting channels like soccer and stuff. Is this right, or am I picking another sat or what?

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
Im new to this fta stuff. So pardon me if this sounds off...

On the list of this website, 91.0 has strong transponder only. I am getting channels like soccer and stuff. Is this right, or am I picking another sat or what?

Yep, sounds like you are actually on 93°W! Slight re-tweak of your dish is in order. You are not that far off though.

You Are Very close Randy1!

Last edited:

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
Thanks Ice, think I need another lnb...:rolleyes:

What kind of LNB are you using now?

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

magnigyro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
A variety of things from time to time, Iceberg is right mostly feeds. magnigyro, are you on a motorized system or are you manually pointing a fixed dish at various birds of your picking?

B~Man

I need another linear lnb to get 91W... :) I have 1 lnb for each bird catched.
Today have 19 lnb on 9 antennas. All ku band.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
I only have a football game and one station with audio, whats wrong?

There is not much on this bird, ONN – Ohio News Network and rarely an occasional feed from time to time. Audio that is on 4.2.2 video, forget that on a SD receiver! An expensive upgrade for a new STB receiver is in order there unless you go inexpensive PC card.

Some audio is in AC3 or Dolby encoded channel. You should see AC3 light up on your on screen bar someplace where your STEREO indication is when changing channels. On all receivers it is different, check your user’s manual to see where your box displays it. So with that said when you see channels with picture and no sound, which is sometimes the case.

On those channels you will need a Dolby decoder hooked to your receiver to get the ones you can’t hear and just see the channel video wise. An optical cable is needed here connected to a home theater system receiver or if you have HDMI out on your satellite receiver and a HDMI port into your television, you’re golden!

A fun little gadget to play with to get the AC3 audio inexpensively is do a search in the FTA section for "Sonic Voom" Headphones!

Sometimes you will find channels that are scrambled with no video but you can hear the audio, there is nothing wrong there just a way the providers choose to scramble their feeds.

Might want to go over to THE LIST to see what is available on various birds! This is the hard work of the dedicated members here to keep us up to date on what is up there!

Hope that helps! :up

K E V I N

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts