A new twist to the part-time HD RSN saga

gretschdrum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Over the last few weeks I've noticed that virtually every NHL team is broadcasting all games in HD. This is the first year that's happened. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how Dish will handle this? Will there be a 'rotation' of non-HD games per team so that one team doesn't constantly get the HD shaft? HD space will get even tighter once the NBA season starts a few weeks later. Somewhere down the road Dish has to accomodate for this, right?

doubt it

They'll still shaft most of their customers with part time RSN's and JIP for the west coast games.

They'll probably rotate it like usual except with with more games being in HD more games will be missed

Dish still won't show the MSG games in HD. These include Sabres, Rangers and I think Islanders games as well as Devils.

Dish won't carry all other games in HD on Center Ice just because they are broadcast in HD. In other words, I don't think anything has changed from last year...

I believe the last official word from Dish on HD RSN's was during a charlie chat a few months ago. Dish stated that they hoped to add some 24/7 HD RSN's "by this time next year."

I'm paraphrasing from memory and I believe that chat occurred after the start of this year's MLB season.

So hopefully Dish has a solution for HD RSN's by next baseball season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)