A Newbie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ultravox

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Chicago South Suburbs
Hi guys!! I just set up my FTA. I have a Pansat 3500 and a motor with a 31 inch dish. I can get some sats but the one i want i cant get Galexy 10. I get I-5 no prob. I think the side of my house is blocking it. Heres my question, since it took me forever to get this working. can I unscrew my mount and move it 8 ft or so forward on my roof without having to readjust all the elevation and stuff? all the help will be great. Thanks!!

Yes and no... your elevation should be set okay, but you would have to re-acquire the satellite by adjusting your azimuth (east-west). Make sure your new location is perfectly level. Shouldn't be too difficult, just pan the dish SLOWLY east to west in the general area of G-10R until you get quality. Remember to use a strong, live transponder (12114 V , SR 4444 should work well)...

Absolutely. It took me forever to get G10R, until I realized the elevation markings had me confused. Set it the correct way and BAM, it came in. Of course, up until that point, I had a lot of practice. I bet I could setup a FTA system in a couple hours now with all of the practice I had.

I've had a couple dishes where the elevation was off by 5 degrees. Makes aiming for G10 a bugger

Iceberg said:
I've had a couple dishes where the elevation was off by 5 degrees. Makes aiming for G10 a bugger
True... I've gotten to the point where I don't trust the stamped elevation scales too much. The cheap ($10) angle finders at Lowe's work well if you have a good place on the dish to put them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)