A Nice Feature Would Be ....

SaltiDawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
As many others did, this week I lost power for two nights due to Hurricane Irene.

I had numerous "New" Timers that did not record because my equipment was without power. Upon restoration of power, I had hopes that re-airing of those missed episodes would be considered as "New."

No such luck. Those repeats are listed as duplicates that were scheduled to record during the power outage. (Shows such as The Closer and Hell's Kitchen.)

Would be a nice feature for my 722k and 622 to recognize they did not have power and thus missed a recording.

Not complaining, just thinking out loud.

I will be happy to pass along your suggestion to the engineers and see if this is a possibility in the future. Glad you made it through the Hurricane OK!!

I will be happy to pass along your suggestion to the engineers and see if this is a possibility in the future. Glad you made it through the Hurricane OK!!
Thanks, Mary. I'm in the suburbs of DC and there really wasn't much damage - massive electrical power outages, however. The local utilities are patting themselves on the back for their responses, however we're not all pleased.

I lived most on my life on the South Shore of Queens, NY. I have been through my fair share of Hurricanes. My hometown was evacuated for this storm as well but everyone came through with minimum damage as well. Black outs were always the worst!

As these receivers are essentially computers you might want to consider having it plugged into a surge supressor/ power backup. I'm from NYC but I live outside of Tampa now. With all the outages around here it is needed.

That will be a great feature to add in the Dish receivers. Irene went over PR...& I was out of power for 3 days. The VIP receiver just dont know that there were shows that it was schedule to record but didnt. I have to manually set the skipped episodes to record.

It's really easy to restore the skipped timers of the shows you missed. Press the DVR button 3 times. Left arrow over to the show you want to restore. Press Infgo and arrow up to restore and select it. The program will be recorded.

It's really easy to restore the skipped timers of the shows you missed. Press the DVR button 3 times. Left arrow over to the show you want to restore. Press Infgo and arrow up to restore and select it. The program will be recorded.
That's a lot of physical exertion. Some people may not have the stamina.;)

As these receivers are essentially computers you might want to consider having it plugged into a surge supressor/ power backup. I'm from NYC but I live outside of Tampa now. With all the outages around here it is needed.
Oh, it's connected to a UPS. Power was out for over two days and the UPS battery depleted.

Of course. An additional step is to find out what timers were skipped during the power outage and then there is the need to search to see if there is a repeat available. That's exactly what i did do. Just musing about how nice it would be if the receiver recognized it missed events due to a power outage.