A No-Bee question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moseley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Is there a FTA or C-band Station that airs Kansas Jayhawk Basketball and could I receive it in Pennsylvania?

If the answer is yes...what would I have to buy? Could you give me a ballpark idea of what I would have to pay?

I have DISH so I can get the standard ESPN games and pay perview. But when a Network buys the games the local here just carry East Coast games.

Get you a Jayhawk schedule and start scanning FTA or checking the analog satellites (G3, G4, SBS 6, AMC 9 are good ones) about an hour before the first game starts. When you find a local feed, store it, then write down the numbers in case you loose it. Chances are they will use the same frequency and symbol rate for the whole season. Also there is always the chance you will find a feed for their opponent. You might not like listening to the other teams announcers, but it's better than nothing.

Please excuse me if I am an idiot but I have never really done anything like this unless you count having DISH installed.

You are suggesting a 30 inch dish motorized dish with a reciever...right? so any kit on ebay will do?? Can I use my dish reciever or would that mess with my TV?

No excuse me, I am the idiot. :eek: When you mentioned FTA or C Band I assumed you were set up with a complete system, big dish, C and Ku analog and C and Ku DVB. As for the small dishes and equipment you will have to wait for some of the other guys to jump it, and I am sure they will. Sorry. :eek:

Just a friendly bump. I am considering getting a dish of some sort in order to get Kansas basketball games.

I can't really see myself spending the money if I think I MIGHT be able to find them. does anyone one if they exist and what type of system would be required to get them?

I can't really see myself spending the money if I think I MIGHT be able to find them

That’s the issue. Unless they publish the satellite info, we can’t say “yes they’ll be there” or “no they won’t”

Since the season hasn’t started, we only have last year to go off and there were a few games on KU band.

FTA is kinda like buying a metal detector. Nobody can say what you'll find, bottlecaps or diamond rings. At least no one can beat you to it, and we all share what we find.

TiminMb said:
FTA is kinda like buying a metal detector. Nobody can say what you'll find, bottlecaps or diamond rings. At least no one can beat you to it, and we all share what we find.

Great description! :)

I found at least 18 of their games were posted on backhaul last season. Add to that, a few that probably didn't get posted. I believe they play like 27 games or so during the reg season. So thats potentially 20-25 of 27 games. NOT BAD.

I was hoping I could get someone to peek at G11 Ku Tr 15 @ 12003 MHz Horizontal
Sometime between 8-9 EST to see if the game is there and if it is free.

Then maybe someone could tell me what I would need for an enexpensive setup to get that sat from Harrisburg PA 17104 (Also in what direction I would have to point).

I think I will go ahead and buy this stuff but I am terrified that as soon as a do it won't be available.

Well, if you're ONLY interested in these games it might be a risk. But there's PLENTY more stuff up there that makes the FTA investment worthwhile. Stuff you can't get on any pay satellite service. Well worth the investment when you consider everything that is up there IMO :)

Moseley,

Sorry, I'm not interested in Basketball, but I am very interested in FTA and have been doing a lot of research into a system. I live about two hours from you. (Petersburg 16669). I don't claim to know much, but I've received a lot of help from this forum. I started out knowing nothing. Now I know everything that I've been told :)

I've decided to get a Fortec classic lifetime receiver and a motorized 90 cm dish. If you click on my username (hyperlink above) you can read all of my post questions and the excellent replies. Since you live so close to me, they might pertain to you. The people and their answers on this forum have been a great help. I'm really glad that I didn't go out and buy what I had originally intended to buy.

If you can afford it, get a larger dish than mine.

Good luck!

Kansas Basketball

The ESPN +Plus feed of Idaho State @ Kansas was shown on Galaxy 11/Ku13 11960H. Sorry I didn't see this thread at game time. I actually watched some of it. Like I said, last year there was probably at least 20 of their 27 game feeds available--not to mentioned the big 12 tournament.

Always check here: http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/backhaul

moseley said:
I was hoping I could get someone to peek at G11 Ku Tr 15 @ 12003 MHz Horizontal
Sometime between 8-9 EST to see if the game is there and if it is free.

Then maybe someone could tell me what I would need for an enexpensive setup to get that sat from Harrisburg PA 17104 (Also in what direction I would have to point).

I think I will go ahead and buy this stuff but I am terrified that as soon as a do it won't be available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)