A Note From Scott on New HD

I have a device called a "DVD Player" that is connected directly to my TV. It allows me to play my DVDs without having to copy them to my computer first and then playing them back through a secondary device. :D

(Sorry; I just couldn't resist that!)

Nor can I resist telling you that if you rent from Netflix, copy the disc to your computer the day you get it and send it back you will get more for your $ out of your Netflix subscription!

I'M sorry shibby but i had a HR20 and compared to my vip622 the changing of channels seemed very slow to me. i did not like their guide either. that's my opinion anyway. :)

Believe me, I'm not discounting your experience. But I just wanted to point out that there are settings on the HR20 that can make channel changes quite slow. There are a *lot* of different settings available on the HR20 that allows people to pick just the right one for their equipment. Took me about a week of fiddling with it and I got it to give me the best picture quality and 2 second channel changes. There is a price to pay with so many options though, not everyone will know they are there or what they mean and many people don't play around with settings like this. And the guide is very fast with the new option to turn off guide animations. I think that was added last fall.

Anyway...

Believe me, I'm not discounting your experience. But I just wanted to point out that there are settings on the HR20 that can make channel changes quite slow. There are a *lot* of different settings available on the HR20 that allows people to pick just the right one for their equipment. Took me about a week of fiddling with it and I got it to give me the best picture quality and 2 second channel changes. There is a price to pay with so many options though, not everyone will know they are there or what they mean and many people don't play around with settings like this. And the guide is very fast with the new option to turn off guide animations. I think that was added last fall.

Anyway...

if you could email me your responses on the following questions i would truly appreciate it. i don't want to further post on this subject in this thread since it's off topic. thanks.
questions:
1- what are the settings that would've helped me with fix this problem?
2- which is better? HR-20,HR-21,HR21PRO?
3-what is currently being sent to new customers?
thanks.
no more posts on my part on this subject :)

by the way
Deuplinked until April 2010
SciFi HD mpeg4
USA HD mpeg4
:D

could this be the calm before the storm or the calm before the calm?

i think at least 1 will go up today.:) (national)+ more locals.

could this be the calm before the storm or the calm before the calm?

i think at least 1 will go up today.:) (national)+ more locals.

I think it's the storm (us asking where the hell is new national HD) before the calm (Wed comes and goes without even so much as an uplink to a new channel from E*) before the storm (we go back to complaining and reading posts of people jumping ship to D*). :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)