A Note From Scott on New HD

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
But, why would they do that and also go out of their way to invite SatGuys to a Meet & Greet at Team Summit?? It doesn't make any sense.
Not related.... An employee is providing internal documents to someone outside the company without "permission". This is an internal Echostar issue, not a marketing one. The fact that these documents in question may have gotten to Scott isn't the point. The point is, assuming they're trying to locate the leak, what else might this employee let out.

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
Without your info we would all be like the mushroom in the dark and keep getting fed the same crap over and over. Great site!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I dont see that being an issue, these documents are sent to me by more then one person. If I only got them from one person I dont say anything.

Yesterday document with USA HD and SCIFI HD was actually sent to me by 7 different sources around the country. Many of these folks were VERY happy about some new national HD finally. And that was indeed the reason I was so happy last night to report my "findings" :)

After hearing about the news that those channels were missing off the hour later report I called another friend in Chicago who confirmed that those channels were not on their list. (He wouldn't send me the document though)

heyitsmikewi

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 21, 2006
Milwaukee, WI
I also appreciate the hard work that everyone does on this site! I am on looking stuff up almost daily (my wife thinks I am strange - oh well!)

I would love to see new national HD. I am not leaving if it does not come soon though. Reason is, I like the rates and I love the DVR with the two room option. Every service has something someone will complain about. And like it has been said many times before - eventually everyone will be at pretty much the same level as far as HD goes.

My biggest concern has been waiting for our HD locals. In Milwaukee, we get them OTA, but it cuts in and out on a lot of the channels and it is so random. I have seen it at my brother's house and heard of others in Milwaukee with the same problem, so I know it is not just my setup. 80% of the time it is fine and the stuff you watch or record is great, but the other 20% (usually when my wife really wants to watch it) is so bad it doesn't even pay to watch. So the news of Milwaukee in April is very exciting in my house! Then I have another HD tuner to record locals (when they are working)!

Anyway, thanks again for all of the hard work and great info! I love this site! :D

teamlazyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 28, 2007
Arab, AL
are these sources that are close to the uplink activity or are they on the periphery? I ask because if these are documents that are sent out to CSR's then SciFi and USA HD don't seem as important information to CSR's since if you get HD they're included, the CSR doesn't have to do anything, the local channs (which i THINK they have a copy of the list on DBStalk) on the other hand will probably be keeping csr's busy all day.

that would sort of explain thier exclusion on some of the lists.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
OK
If USA, SciFi HD are launched, who will get them, Dish Essential, or Dish Ultimate customers?

If you get the SD channel you should get the HD version as well and Ultimate will get them if they have the SD Version as well.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Well done Scott!

The best you can do is inform us. You are not the satelite companies.

Only ''they'' know what they are doing.

I love the straightforward message you sent. You did not need to do it. You do the best you can and I for one appreciate it.

Again, if dish gets HD great if not...oh well. Life goes on.

Thanks for the best site on the Net!

Joel

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 5, 2006
USA
I dont see that being an issue, these documents are sent to me by more then one person. If I only got them from one person I dont say anything.

Yesterday document with USA HD and SCIFI HD was actually sent to me by 7 different sources around the country. Many of these folks were VERY happy about some new national HD finally. And that was indeed the reason I was so happy last night to report my "findings" :)

After hearing about the news that those channels were missing off the hour later report I called another friend in Chicago who confirmed that those channels were not on their list. (He wouldn't send me the document though)

Scott is the document the same one from all of them? can you post a copy of that document online?

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
Ok...would it be realistic to say, "HEY! Maybe Dish is launching MORE than just those channels and doesn't want to commit themselves to just two!" hence the edited memo. :D

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
I think we're all going to be poring over Scott's words and trying to infer from various pieces of information (e.g. how many documents, who got them, etc.) whether new national HD is coming tomorrow or the next day.

It's pointless, of course. Scott is giving us what he gets and it's been apparent for some time now (even predating the AMC-14 failure) that either his sources are "screwing with his head" or, more likely (since Scott is confident in those sources) that Dish is screwing with them. Whether Dish doesn't know what it's doing or things are really in flux or Dish just likes to play sadistic games is immaterial. When (if) we get the channels we get them; documents, whispers, phone calls, etc. just don't seem to be giving us any information.

It's great to speculate but I think a 50-50 chance of new national HD by May 1st is a reasonable guesstimate, regardless of any "rumors".

However, I am glad Scott is giving us what his sources are giving him since it's been entertaining, at least.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
"things are really in flux or Dish just likes to play sadistic games is immaterial."

Knowing Dish Network's actions for the last few years, I will go with the first answer. The right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts